Hump Day WLS Express - ALL ABOARD!!

Don 1962
on 2/5/13 7:28 pm

Could this be called a "train" since it portrays a desk on rails?

Nice to see some new faces getting on the train lately.  Come out of lurkdom and join us!  Regardless if you are from the Big Country, East Texas, West Texas, the Metroplex, Houston/Galveston or in the Panhandle - we's all Texans!  Does not matter if you are Native or "Naturalized"!

Other than it being garbage day nothing but work on the docket. 

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Karla Lewis
on 2/5/13 8:30 pm - Livingston, TX
It's a work day with patients for me today. They usually fly by. We are having dinner with my sister and BIL tonight. My brother is coming up for the night.
It's good because Ben is working every day this week and neither of us will have to cook.

Have a great day!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/5/13 8:45 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, Family!

DON-love the "train" pic !! I'd love to feel that happy, while working, all the time..I TRY..but..well..y'all know...I get paid well..if baby "booger sugars" count...the same lil one who bit my chin last week (and left 2 perfectly round scars) head-butted me and gave me a bloody nose yesterday..She's just a rough/tough/XL 8 month old...

Not much new around here..everyone is healthy...that alone is a BIG blessing..hoping the flu bug has passed over...

Prayers going out, all around..HE knows where to distribute them..

Hope everyone has a WOO HOO to celebrate today !

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Saundra P.
on 2/5/13 8:46 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning

Great train pic this morning and I agree nice to see new faces on TMB. I am 3 1/2 years out and maintaining at goal but I believe posting on here and stepping on the scales daily help to keep me on track.

Been using my fitness pal for little over a week and glad to see I stay within my calorie range however I have yet to log any exercise.

Nothing but work on my agenda today.

Have a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

mocuevas
on 2/5/13 9:51 pm - TX

Hi,

I'm new here, just over 2 weeks out from my RNY surgery on 1/21/12. I live in Canyon, outside of Amarillo and am feeling the need for some support.  I've lost 13 lbs so far, but have been at that number for about a week and am feeling frustrated that it hasn't gone down any in the past week.  I might not be eating enough to lose, if that makes any sense, I just have a hard time with the pureed foods I am supposed to be eating and I don't feel hungry so I don't think about it. 

Anyway, I am new to all of this and am excited that there is a Texas forum.  Thanks!

Smiles, Mo

HW: 311 SW: 270 CW: 192

Vivian Prouty
on 2/5/13 9:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hang in there and don't get discouraged.    It could be that the IV fluids have caught up and is keeping you from losing right now.   Not only that you will go through some plateaus and usually during that time your body will be shedding inches and not lbs.   In fact some do experience a small re-gain during this time.     The END result is what counts.   Just hang on and enjoy the journey.'

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

mocuevas
on 2/5/13 10:13 pm - TX

Thanks. I hope that it is just a plateau and something that will change soon.  I appreciate your support and am thankful for the chance to post here and get feedback.

Smiles, Mo

HW: 311 SW: 270 CW: 192

Vivian Prouty
on 2/5/13 10:33 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Good Morning TMB Family,

Thank GOD I'm in a better mood today ( or at least so far i am ).    I tell you lack of sleep sure does a number on me and my body since I'm getting older.    UGH  Hate getting older.    Lots of stress in my life but that's not new at all.   LOL   If my kids ALL of them would just grow up and treat me the way they should I would be amazing and could probably get my re-gain off.   I HATE stress with a passion and I wish I could just shake things off that bother me but just can't get crap out of my brain that bug me.   UGH anyway Gina....I am getting back to my old happy go lucky self.    Life will never be perfect I have decided.    LOL   SO I guess I need to just "fake it".   LOL    I am planning on going to my surgeon's support group tonight and mine is sunday and I need to remind everyone of that.   LOL    Anyway.....Go out everyone and have a amazing day !!!    If not just fake it !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/6/13 9:23 am - Burleson, TX
This is the first time I have tried this from my phone, so pls bear with me... I heard some great " Words of Wisdom" today...from listening to one 3 year old talking to another 3 year old. I know what all transpired, but the little boy was tearful, and the mouthy little girl loudly chirped"SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP"...
Words to live by...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

hamilbr
on 2/6/13 1:19 am - Lewisville, TX

Good morning everyone!  I have had a busy, crazy last few days.  Weekend was crazy with support meeting and then a trip to OKLA to check on Dad and brother ( he had knee replacement).  Then Monday was a day I would like to repeat a few times this week.  It was so busy at work, Didn't even have time to eat lunch!  then yesterday back to OKLA for a Dr. appt. with dad.  Looks like we will need a referral to another Dr.  So that means another day off from work...Today not much going on.. Work and then home.  Husband is still out of town on business till Friday.  So just me and the fur babies..  Everyone have a wonderful day.. prayers going out to those who need them ( we all need them!!)..

Brenda

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 118 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views