Hello Texas group

molly3613
on 2/7/13 11:30 pm - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
I am 2 weeks and 1 day out so a real rookie at this. But the lbs and ozs seem to be coming off. 1 1/2 lbs this morning, 1/4 yesterday morn and 1 1/2 Wednesday. I know - don't weigh every day but I am pulled like a magnet to the scale. When it stops dropping daily I plan to go to a weekly weigh. I ate soft foods yesterday for the first time. Soooooo filling. 2 ozs tuna, 2 canned pear slices and 3 ozs baby food green beans and I thought I would pop. This morn I decided to start off with 12 oz. hot chocolate but tiny tummy didn't like it. Nausea for 2 hours - so surprising. So no milk for a while. Cottage cheese and a peach slice for breakfast. Life still revolves around food it seems. Anyway beautiful - day out there. I may just go ride around to get out. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Molly

Saundra P.
on 2/8/13 2:19 pm - Mesquite, TX
Hi Molly

Sounds like you are doing great. I am 3 1/2 years out and been at goal for two years and I still weight every morning. I worry about regain so it helps me to stay focused.

Keep up the good work!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Vivian Prouty
on 2/10/13 1:56 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congrats Molly & welcome to the TMB. I personally won't eat till I feel as though I will pop. I stop when I feel satisfied. Try to take things real slow & listen to your body. BTW.... I'm over 7 yrs. post op RNY. Congrats again..., your in for a wild exciting life!!

Hugs & Blessings--- Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Susie K.
on 2/10/13 5:48 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Congrats, Molly!!

You're ahead of me :). I'm still at the getting ready to have surgery stage. I am on here daily to learn as much as possible before my surgery. Wishing you continued success and healing.

Susie

Susie

liquidman69
on 2/10/13 6:18 am - Dallas, TX

Congrats on both the surgery and joining the group here.  I know from my own experience the first 3 months after my gastric bypass I had lot of difficulty eating much of anything.  I ended up having to have my gall bladder removed and work hard with a nutritionist to eat normal food.  One battle I am dealing with myself right now is low blood sugar which from what I am finding out is related to my weight loss surgery. However, no matter the problems I have faced since weight loss surgery I would still do it in a heart beat.  Just continue to follow your doctor's orders and continue to work hard, and you will be successful.

Michael

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 47 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 121 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 431 views