Hello Texans!

PSaadallah
on 3/27/13 11:38 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

Just found the Texas forum.  I had DS with Dr David Kim on December 15, 2012.  Down 46 pounds so far; 51 to go.  I'm in Arlington, and I look forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Don 1962
on 3/27/13 8:46 pm

Howdy and welcome!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Karla Lewis
on 3/27/13 10:12 pm - Livingston, TX
Sounds like you are doing well. Keep up the good wor. Welcome to the TX board!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

FoxieRoxie
on 3/28/13 1:46 pm - TX

Hello! I also am considering Dr. Kim for DS surgery.  What are your thoughts on him?

PSaadallah
on 3/28/13 3:00 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I really love Dr Kim and his staff, and I would recommend him to anyone in DFW who is considering DS.  He has done a LOT of surgeries, including DS, but like most surgeons his nutrition advice post-surgery tends to be the same for all the different surgery types rather than specific to DS.  The fact that you are already in the OH support forum before surgery is a big plus.  Become as knowledgeable as possible about DS before your surgery so that you know the right questions to ask.  If you haven't been to dsfacts.com - go there and ready EVERYTHING twice.  Keep up with the DS support forums here, of course, where you'll get the best advice on how to personalize your food and supplements for DS.

FoxieRoxie
on 3/29/13 3:30 am - TX

I'm curious ... how long did dr Kim make your cc?

PSaadallah
on 3/29/13 6:09 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I have asked that a couple of times, but I don't have a definite answer.  The PA that I saw a couple of weeks ago said that he usually does 150 cm.

Vivian Prouty
on 3/28/13 11:31 pm - Fort Worth, TX

FoxieROxie....Dr. Kim is AMAZING !!!  I absolutely LOVE him.   I am 71/2 yrs. post op RNY and he takes amazing care of ALL his patients.    He also has support groups every month for his patients.   We are having a support group breakfast at 9 AM  saturday if you'd like to come to it.   It is at Sunny Street Cafe in Haltom City .    5000 Western Center Blvd.   If you decide you want to go let me know.   Sandy has to call the restaurant early tomorrow AM and give them a head count.    We have a fantastic group of people that come.   Also next weekend on sunday I lead a support group in Keller.   You are welcome to come to that also.   You won't be sorry using Dr. KIm.

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 33 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 109 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 420 views