Dr. Nabil Tariq

GinaTx
on 3/9/15 4:16 am

Hello everyone I was advised to post my question here so more people from Tx would see it.  I have been referred to Dr. Nabil Tariq at Houston Methodist for RNY.  I had a "failed" VBG 20 years ago and have been having severe reflux and vomiting almost daily. Had a EGD done by local GI Dr who is the one *****ferred me to Dr. Tariq.  Dr. Tariq did his own EGD and is the one who said I needed the RNY due to a mechanical failure of my old surgery.  Long story short my insurance required that I do a 3 month supervised diet which I have completed and the paperwork has been resubmitted to BCBS. 

I'm wondering if anyone has had Dr. Tariq?  Also his office is just horrible to get in touch with.  I have been dealing with this since October 2014.  When I call I never talk to a person you always have to leave a message which says that they will call you back in 24 hours.  They have never ever called me back in 24 hours.  I always have to call multiple times and email.  I usually get a response in a couple of weeks.  This has me very concerned.  I sent an email to the NP telling her that I was concerned about the lack of communication and was worried if after surgery I have an emergency I can't ever get in touch with any one.  She emailed back and apologized but I'm still very worried.

So for those of you who have used Houston Methodist (med center) are all the Dr.offices in the bariatric program like this? This is a long post for just 2 questions:  how is Dr. Tariq and how is the office staff of the other bariatric surgeons at methodist.

I appreciate any comments.

Thanks!

Vivian Prouty
on 3/9/15 10:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Gina....I don't know anything about that doctor nor his office but I am so sorry that you are going through all this.   You my friend will be in my thoughts and prayers that He will be able to help you with these issues your having.    Really hard to believe that as huge as our metroplex is that your going to have to travel to Houston for treatment.    When you do get to see the doctor.....let him know how his office is ran and that it is nearly impossible to get called back.    He may have no idea.    Your in my prayers my friend.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

GinaTx
on 3/10/15 10:16 pm

Thanks Vivian for your reply and your blessing those are always much appreciated.  Have a great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 28 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 105 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 414 views