Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/24 5:05 pm
Member Services
on 2/1/24 7:25 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Early Bird Access is Open ? Bariatric Connect 2024 National Conference!

Early Bird Deal Alert, Only 100 Available!

Are you ready to join us at the 2024 Bariatric Connect National Conference in Newport Beach, CA, on September 20th-21st? Now's the perfect opportunity! Starting today, you can grab an Early Bird ticket - be one of the first 100 to register and save $30 on general admission. This Early Bird offer lasts until March 31, 2024, or until the Early Bird tickets sell out - whichever comes first!

Join us on an incredible two-day journey, filled with learning, sharing, and connecting. It's not just an event, it's where you'll find your people! https://bit.ly/42l42aS

Laura P.
on 1/3/24 10:08 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024

Just a note to see who's on and to say good morning! Hope everyone is doing well today! I'm working on getting my craft supplies packed out of my parents house so we can get their belongings dealt with. And I'm knitting my little dog Bitsy a sweater because it's getting so cold now! Bless her heart! I got her groomed and she's used to having hair, but no more! ?

Well, gonna get to work now and hopefully get some work done! Hope everyone has a great day!

Initial surgery 2006-Highest weight 305 - got down to 180
Having revision surgery soon!
Current 265 / Goal 180
"We can't all be heros. Someone has to clap for me when I walk by!"

Laura P.
on 1/3/24 10:01 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: I'm new here

Wow! Wow! Wow! Great job on the weight loss! I completely understand about the skin! That's been one of my problems as well. Usually, if you can get your dr to say it's a health issue and not a cosmetic issue, insurance will pay for its removal. I say it's worth trying anyway. The worst they can do is say no, right? And some doctors that do the procedure have payment plans that they will work with you on because they know the drag on your mental health that the extra skin causes! Do some research and see if there is one in your area that does it! Or if you're willing to travel, maybe in a big metro area like DFW or Houston.

Current 265 / Goal 180

Laura P.
on 1/2/24 3:14 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: Trying to Reconnect - Having revision soon!

Thank you so much!

Current 265 / Goal 180

TattooMom
on 1/2/24 11:09 am - SUGAR LAND, TX
Topic: RE: Trying to Reconnect - Having revision soon!

Hey friend!

I'm so glad to hear that you're reconnecting with old friends and embarking on a new journey as you prepare for your revision surgery. It sounds like you've been through a lot, and I admire your strength and determination to prioritize your health now.

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your father and the challenges you faced while caring for your mother. It's never easy losing loved ones.

I'm excited for you as you work towards achieving your health goals with the support of Dr. Nick Nicholson and his amazing team. They sound fantastic, and I have no doubt that you're in good hands.

Wishing you all the luck in the world on this new chapter of your life! Remember, I'm here cheering you on, and I'm looking forward to witnessing your progress along the way. Let's stay connected through this journey and beyond.

Take care, and stay positive!

TattooMom
on 1/1/24 4:59 pm - SUGAR LAND, TX
Topic: RE: I'm new here

Welcome back and, thank you for reply to my blog I have gone from 589 lbs to 190 I lost close to 400 lbs but skin make me feel uncomfortable and unhappy.

Laura P.
on 1/1/24 9:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: DFW Peeps

I currently live in the Riverside area of Fort Worth. But I'm staying at my parents house in Azle cleaning out more than 50 yrs of their life after their passing. My sister is helping but we are both procrastinating because we dread doing it.

Current 265 / Goal 180

Laura P.
on 1/1/24 9:39 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: Problem 15 yrs out

I've been having the same problems lately off and on which led me to consult the dr who took over my weight loss dr's practice. I've had an upper gi and endoscopy and found out that my pouch was way stretched out. I don't know if that was causing my discomfort or not but I'm getting revision surgery soon. And I'm 63 yo btw.

Current 265 / Goal 180

Laura P.
on 1/1/24 9:31 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: Trying to Reconnect - Having revision soon!

Hey everyone! I'm having revision surgery soon and thought it would be a good idea to hop on and reconnect with old friends and hopefully make some new ones!

I originally had RNY in 2006 with Dr. Dirk Rodrigues and did really well. I got down to my goal weight of 180 and kept it off for about 6 years. I am a disabled veteran diagnosed with PTSD due to Military Sexual Trauma (MST). My job (USPS) ended up walking me out after 27 years of dedicated service because I was an Injured On Duty (IOD) employee and they didn't want any of us on their rolls. Evidently they thought it looked bad for their reputation! IDK. So I started eating more and more and sitting on the couch that I gained weight and stretched my pouch out.

I ended up at a job that I loved at the US Dept of Education and worked there until I retired in 2019. Still gaining weight tho. My parents health started to rapidly decline and they started falling so I moved in with them Jan 2020, right before the pandemic. My father passed in Aug 2021 at 91 yrs. We had a love hate love (narcissistic) relationship but I miss him very much. Then my mother started rapidly declining with Parkinson's Disease and dementia and life got so much more difficult that my health was way back on the farthest burners you can imagine. She was my total focus for now and was the love of my life. She passed in Nov 2022.

It's been some time now and we (my sister and I) are just starting to go through their house and inventory 50 years of a loving home. I never thought it would be this difficult. But I want to start focusing on my health now and have been approved for revision surgery that should happen soon after the first of the year 2024 with Dr. Nick Nicholson in Plano, TX. What a great office and a wonderful group of people!

Wish me luck! I'm going to start trolling the forums to see if my old friends are here! And to start my life back on the right track.

Current 265 / Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics