After 3, and after 6 months how much did you lose with the VSG?

Cathryn L.
on 3/31/10 1:52 pm - Seattle, WA
3 Months: -42 pounds
6 Months: -73 pounds
I do eat sweets, but I mostly try to avoid them.  Like the previous posters, if I see it I want to eat it, so I just keep it out of the house.  But I will eat dessert at a party or a cookie when we're celebrating birthdays at work.  I just try not to make a habit out of it.

HW/SW/CW: 247/222/137
nazeyshell
on 3/31/10 2:26 pm - St. Louis, MO
I've got another week and a half until my 3rd month, but so far I have lost 57 lbs (11 were prop).

As far as sweets are concerned, I don't even like them anymore.  Amazing.  I used to be the biggest donut craver/eater, and now just the thought of them turn me off.  I tried one bite of cake ONCE since my surgery, but it didn't even taste good.  I haven't wanted anything sweet since then.  This is a GOOD THING!!!

Now popcorn, cheeseburgers, and tacos are another story :)
I usually resist the temptation, though.  I'd be full after two bites so it's not worth it anyway.

Good luck!

Maintaining Cindy
on 3/31/10 6:32 pm
Hello Sunshine,

Here is my weight loss:

3 mos. 43.7 lbs
6 mos. 64.9 lbs

I was addicted to sweet, especially chocolate before surgery.  I still enjoy chocolate and sweets now, but not nearly as much or as often as before surgery.  I was considered a lightweight, and intentionally tried to lose slowly, I did not want to go on anther diet.  I wanted to make changes for life, and stop the yo-yo dieting.  It worked for me I hit my goal weight at 8.5 mos out (I think...)...

All the best in your weight loss journey,

Cindy

p.s.  I was not required to do a pre-op diet (BMI was only 30.8), and did not lose weight pre-op...  I was at my all time high weight...

OldMedic
on 4/1/10 1:00 am - Alvaton, KY
I enjoyed, and still do enjoy, sweets and cakes.  I lost 180.5 pounds over 16 months with the sleeve.

I still do eat some sweets, cake, pie, ice cream, etc.  I just don't eat very much of it, and I don't eat it all that often.

I can not eat any more now than I could at 6 months out.

Yes, this works, if you work your sleeve.  It is NOT magic, you have to still follow a diet plan.  You have to exercise.  And you should NEVER, EVER, compare yourself to anyone else.

You won't lose like anyone else, you will lose at your pace.  Comparing will just drive you crazy, make you feel horrible because someone else is losing faster than you, and it is a waste of time.

Especially do not compare your weight loss to mens.  Men just naturally tend to lose at a faster pace.  It's their hormones, and you can't do a darn thing about that.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

AsuraDunnigan
on 4/1/10 3:57 am - Detroit, MI
3 months 60lbs.
not six months out yet (74 lbs. to date)

I did enjoy many sweets prior to surgery and occaisonally enjoy them now. I could not do without them at all before and now I can. I love my sleeve.
Most Active