Smoothie King Gladiator!!!

Karen28117
on 6/26/10 4:31 am
We have one a couple of miles from my house. I will have to try it out because I am having a horrible time getting all of my protien.

Karen

soon2loseit
on 6/26/10 5:17 am
I just had my first one yesterday! It was very good! I won't be getting them often though...the closest Smoothie King to me is in down town San Diego....I only go there maybe every other weekend. It was good and filling! Did the strawberry banana...next time I will do the stawberry and raspberry!
Soon2loseit    
Donna H.
on 6/26/10 5:48 am - Douglasville, GA
Love these for sure!  My doctor told me to get one when I saw him at one week.  I was shaky and felt like I had the flu.  It helped and I have had about 2 a week since.

Thanks!  Donna
superblondemom
on 6/26/10 1:16 pm
Ok,yay..well 45 grams of protein even makes it that much better..I think they use real fruit, no sugar!!! I can drink one in about an hour...smalls are plenty but today, I got a med. because I was out & about all day & was scared I would feel weak so I nursed it for a few hrs til it got kind of foamy from the heat outside...It is by far the answer to getting in some protein!!!
kramertm
on 7/28/14 8:05 am, edited 7/28/14 8:06 am

Hello everyone.  I stumbled on this post when I was googled "Gladiator Smoothie King," as I too was captivated at how seemingly healthy the concoction was.  I have been eating this smoothie for the last year in order to get my protein fix, and was so happy that it seemingly only contained natural fruit, ice, water, and protein powder.

However... after doing some deeper digging, I have learned that WE HAVE ALL BEEN LIED TO!

I called the main Smoothie King phone number (1-800-577-4200, in case you would like to call yourself), and inquired.  Specifically, I asked about the strawberries they use as they always seem to be in a soupy/syrupy bath, even though the SK workers claim that are just natural strawberries.  The woman on the phone confirmed that they are some sort of proprietary Smoothie King strawberry blend which contains strawberries, water, and CANE SUGAR.  

How much cane sugar?  Well, she could not break out how much sugar was added, but instead provided me with the total sugar content for 1 serving (2 ounces)... which turned out to be 35g of SUGAR.  And she confirmed that a medium Gladiator smoothie (which is what I have been living on for a year) contains 2 servings of the junk... or 70g of SUGAR... just from the strawberries!

To put this into perspective, using a little more googling, you can find out that 4 ounces of strawberries contains about 5.6g grams of sugar.  This means that SMOOTHIE KING IS ADDING ABOUT 64.4g OF SUGAR PER MEDIUM GLADIATOR SMOOTHIE.

Be careful before you trust what the people in the store tell you and do a bit of a research.  I for one have ordered my last Strawberry Banana Gladiator smoothie, and will be making them at home instead where I know what is going in.  I've made it before with frozen organic strawberries, bananas, and whey protein with no artificial sweeteners (the Gladiator protein has sucralose in it), and it tastes pretty darn close.

Kelly Jean
on 7/28/14 8:08 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I'm so jealous I've never heard of smoothie king.... must not have them here in NY !!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

rodericka
on 7/28/14 8:08 am
with

Thanks I will be there this weekend

goodlife
on 6/28/10 12:57 pm - Mandeville, LA
The 1g of carbs is for the Gladiator powder by itself without any fruit added.
They do use real fruit...not syrups.
You need to add the nut info for the fruit added to get the true carb count.
I buy the big tubs of powder and have one just about every single day. Usually the vanilla with a banana added. Sometimes the strawberry with strawberries added.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views