I have a list of protein drinks recommended looking for advice

PaulaS
on 4/1/11 9:39 am - TX

Of those, I like the Pure Protein shake that comes in a metal "can" with a screw top best.
I also liked the Adkins one someone else mentioned. 

Where does everyone get the Sugar Free syrups?   I want to try those!  My Dr. cautioned me not to use the ones with sorbitol, though, because they cause diarrhea in some.

Elaine2
on 4/1/11 12:09 pm - Atlanta, GA
Paula
Here's 2 websites. I think you can buy Torani in Cost Plus and I've even seen DaVinci in TJ Maxx
but there's a better variety on line

http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/sugar_free_flavored_s yrups/

http://shop.torani.com/

wildfan
on 4/1/11 9:48 pm
 Hey,

yep, I started liquid only on Mar 21.  Thankfully I adjusted quickly.  It is ALL mental for me.  I get a little hungry and grab a pre-mixed protein shake (I am using Muscle Milk Light 100 cals 13 protein or a EAS Carb Control 110 cals 17 protein) a Syntrax Nectar Lemonade powder with cold water (100 cals 21 protein), or if something warm sounds good Unjury chicken soup (90cals 21 protein).  I got sick of jello fast, and most yogurt is too high cal or too low protein, so I save those for meal times.  I use Chobani.

The mental aspect has been the thoughest for me.  The first week was fine, but then I started getting cravings for fast food.  But again I think its just the old me and the mental thing knowing I won't eat solid food again until likely mid May sometime.  But I have powered through it, and surgery is only 10 days away, so I'm on the home stretch.  But despite the challenges, its been beneficial as I;ve lost 31 as of yesterday morning on the liquid diet. 
Paul11011
on 4/1/11 10:08 am
I have had great luck with the GNC protein products. Which ever one you decide to get it is an absolute must that you get a blender bottle.  Typical sports drink shaker bottle with a little wire wisk ball inside of it.  It makes it so much easier to mix and drink your protein.  Here's what they look like:
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2533170

Good luck with the pre-op diet.  Before you know it you'll be posting about having lost 30, 40 or 50 lbs. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

sportsmom3
on 4/1/11 10:23 am - Battle Creek, MI
The only one I have found that I just LOVE is the Unjury Chocolate Splendor!!  I didn't like the regular chocolate or strawberry at all, and I have the vanilla and unflavored in the house, but haven't found a good use for them, as of yet.  I have the chocolate splendor in a cup of milk every morning for my breakfast.  That gives me 28 grams of protein to start off my day!!

HW 340; SW 304
Kelly-AnneH
on 4/1/11 10:24 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Would you be allowed to mix whey protein powder into Crystal Light or something similar? I know that the various versions of chocolate get old pretty quickly for me. Another thought - how many carbs are there in something like V8 juice? Could you mix unflavoured protein powder into that for a change from sweet?

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Lisa D.
on 4/1/11 11:35 am - New Orleans, LA
I live by EAS AdvantEDGE carb control protein drink.  It is thin not thick like a shake . It os good cold or hot.  110 cal  17g protein  0 sugar  2 fiber  4 carbs.  At Sam's they have chocolate fudge--YUM-- and vanilla ( I don't do vanilla.)  Plus assorted vitamins and minerals.  I still drink one in the morning to get started.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 12:29 pm - Underwood, ND
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Jay Robb brand of protein powder.  It tastes amazing.  No joke.  The best part is that it has NO sugar and NO artifical sweetner in it.  That makes it even better for me!  Here is the site with all the flavors.  I drink the pina colada all the time and I've also had the vanilla.  My friend drinks the strawberry and says it tastes like a strawberry milkshake from the mall.  Anyways, here is the site.  GNC has it too, and they will let you buy it and try it and if you don't like it you can return it.

http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/Whey-Protein-Vanilla.asp
meemhull
on 4/1/11 1:46 pm - St Augustine, FL
Thanks for all the tips! I got a Gnc gold card membership so I will be shopping tomorrow.
cloveparis
on 4/1/11 2:19 pm - covington, GA
i really like max protein eggface also uses it very good
good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views