I have a list of protein drinks recommended looking for advice

meemhull
on 4/1/11 7:15 am, edited 4/1/11 7:20 am - St Augustine, FL
I have to start my preop diet on Monday and the doctor game me the following list of protein drinks. I was wondering if anyone would chime in if you use some of these and let me know which one you like or don't like. Also maybe some suggestions on preparing both a home and on the go. Thanks!

sorry I forgot to put the name brands:
Pure Protein Shakes
Unjury Protein powder
Isopure Zero Carb Powder
Isopure glass bottle
Protein Ice
Gnc 100% whey
Designer Protein
Must have 20-40 grams protein 5grams or less carbs and low fat
meemhull
on 4/1/11 7:20 am - St Augustine, FL
njmom5870
on 4/1/11 7:21 am
I like Designeers Whey chocolate protein shakes.  They are really good.  It comes in a powered mix.  There is a lady who had RNY and has a website.  She has TONS of shake recipes.  www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com.  You definitely won't get tired of the shakes with all these recipes.

Good Luck and Congrats
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

meemhull
on 4/1/11 7:38 am - St Augustine, FL
Thanks great site!
Foxbins
on 4/1/11 7:29 am
I could not stand the taste of  the Isopure in the glass bottles and I tried several flavors that others here recommended.  I drank Premier Protein shakes from Costco--30 gm protein, 3 gm carbs, 160 cals, chocolate flavor.  I still drink them for a protein boost if I need it.
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 7:30 am
I don't see Atkins Advantage on there the vanilla is great. I have to have 60 - 75 grams of protein.I have not tried any others except Slim Fast which I drink as well it comes in high protein that on is hard to find.
wildfan
on 4/1/11 7:59 am
I can only speak to Injury and GNC:

GNC 100% Whey: good, but very "dense" and heavy if mixed per instructions. I add more water.

Unjury:
Chicken soup: a standby for me. A tad salty, but again I just use a tad more water and its perfect.
Vanilla: good, a tad sweet. Can't mix it light or it gets that ****ty prortein (tastes like plastic to me) flavor
Strawberry Sorbet: WAY too sweet for me.

I also use Syntrax Nectar. Very high quality protein and taste is great.
loolootoo
on 4/1/11 8:07 am

seems each of us is unique in our taste for shakes.  how i resolved that for myself....i will suggest to you.

purchase as small amount as possible of different ones and try them for yourself....until you find one that works for you.

i ended up with a plain unflavored whey isolate powder made by NOW from the local health food store....which i mix with daVinci sugar free syrup and skim milk.   it's the only thing i've been able to like.

wildfan
on 4/1/11 8:41 am
Another thing to keep in mind....The Vitamin Shoppe and GNC both offer exchange guarantees. If you buy something and hate it, you can return it, even opened, for full credit exchange on something different.
meemhull
on 4/1/11 8:59 am - St Augustine, FL
Wow, thanks wildfan. How is the pre-op diet going for you? Are you liquid only?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views