Kirstie Allie on Dancing with the Stars

mwall81
on 4/4/11 11:41 am - MI
 Ok, so I am watching Kirstie Allie on DWTS right now, and I love Kirstie, I really do, always loved her as an actress.  Thinking she should check into VSG, cus with all her yo-yo dieting, she would definately be a good candidate!  Just sayin :)
Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

Valerie K.
on 4/4/11 11:42 am - Dearborn, MI
Your right I love her wish she would just do the surgery. Than she would be so happy.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

mwall81
on 4/4/11 11:44 am - MI
 Agreed!  I know with my own weight loss struggles, I don't wish that pain on any one, and she's such a beautiful lady.  She deserves just to be happy like the rest of us!  Poor woman had a bad dance though, her dance partner had a muscle cramp and a fall during this routine, set to "Somewhere over the rainbow". I love that song though!
Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

karen K.
on 4/4/11 11:55 am - NY
VSG on 11/05/07 with
I used to think the same thing everytime I watched Oprah who has struggled so much with her weight issues.  I wonder why more famous people dont do it?
starting weight  225/  lowest weight 129/ goal weight 135

cabcab
on 4/4/11 12:35 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I have to admit, I didn't think Kirstie would be very good on DWTS, but she's awesome!

I have to admit that seeing the struggles celebrities like she and Oprah have gone though with their weight has had me down in the past.  They have all kinds of resources.  I mean Oprah can freaking pay to have someone follow her around 24/7 and slap her hand every time she picked up some food!  So in the past it has made me think that with all of her access to help, if Oprah can't control her weight, how can *I* ever expect to?

But, Kirstie and Oprah don't have the SLEEVE!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Jan G.
on 4/4/11 1:16 pm - WI
Interesting topic and I have wondered about this too. BUT Kirstie is on her Organic Liason product which she runs via web page. And Oprah just said, She's DONE and doesn't care any more.

So you can have the surgery and many diets but until we change our lifetime habits with a healthier lifestyle that reflects NEW habits..we all are in danger of gaining again.

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 1:17 pm
I believe Kirstie Allie doesn't have WLS because of her religion.  She is an adamant Scientologist (like Tom Cruise and John Travolta) they don't believe in doing things with drugs or surgery from what I understand.  They believe that all health issues can be resolved with vitamins, natural foods and supplements.  Remember when Tom Cruise publically blew up at Brooke Shields because she took antidepressants after the birth of her child because she had post partum depression?  He felt she should have taken supplements and tried harder to feel better...like he knew all about post partum depression.  LOL!
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 1:01 am - MI
I don't think max had a cramp. Not to be mean. But he had all of her weight on his skinny leg. I think it just gave out. Oh the late night shows will have a field day with this one.....
Phyllis C.
on 4/5/11 2:01 am

When they did the replay it definitely looked like it was his fault.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views