Starting Pre-op Diet

Mishie1108
on 4/4/11 1:56 pm - FL
VSG on 04/19/11 with
I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly. It feels like just yesterday I got my surgery date and had weeks to wait.  Tomorrow 4/5 I start my two week pre-op diet.  I think I'm ready and feel like I'm in a good place.  Still scared but I know that's not going to change.  Went to a support group meeting this evening at Novus Centers and it was FANTASTIC. The people were so nice and friendly and gave me tons of advice and encouragement. So I start my morning tomorrow with a protein shake for breakfast (I will miss my bagel or cereal) and start getting ready for my surgery date on 4/19.  I think the next two weeks are going to fly by.  I hope I'm ready for the ride!  

Thanks to all for your encouraging posts in the past. You've helped me this far and I know you will all be there for me through every step. That means so much.  Blessings to all.
        HW: 387      Pre-op Diet: 368         SW: 348.7          Goal: 175          I am 5 ft. 5 in.

loolootoo
on 4/4/11 2:34 pm
yay!

it's such a good feeling to finally get somewhere in the process.  i felt day one of the pre-op diet was my real beginning.

a friend suggested journaling and i took her advice....

pre-op day one my journal began...and today at 5 1/2 months post op....i still journal.  it's been a valuable tool...and suits my personality.

i just put down in a small notebook my weight, daily intake, anything i feel like tracking.  

good luck to you!

sarasar7
on 4/4/11 3:06 pm
Hi,
I know what your feelings are, cause I am there also. My surgery is april 18th, so I stopped my soda today. That will be the hardest for me. I have not been instructed to go on a preop diet but I am going to try and do it anyway. My biggest fear is being put to sleep. Loss of control I guess. Good luck on your adventure and stay in touch. Sara
Most Active