april 18th is my vsg and i am scared

DJNICKL
on 4/6/11 7:03 am
i have been talking to alot of people that have had vsg surgery and it thems MEN have a hard recvoery them woman... DO U THINK THIS IS TRUE AND WHY
Jennifer M.
on 4/6/11 7:13 am - Goodyear, AZ
 Everyone is different so don't sike yourself out! 
Also,in my opinion as an RN of 18yrs, mom of 5, wife and women....... well, women tend to handle pain better and have more endurance regarding pain and recovery. We are just made that way so we can handle childbirth. If we weren't mankind would not exist.   

More than anything take others experiences with a grain of salt. You will have your experience and it will be unlike anyone elses! 

Im being sleeved on 4/13 so I understand nerves. I'm not scared cause regardless of any discomfort afterward I'm am doing something positive that will lietterally save my life not to mention improve it!!    Try to let the excitement of starting your new life take over any fear or nerves and remember all things shall pass....

...a work in progress...    
Kristy R.
on 4/6/11 7:32 am - Santa Clara, CA
On April 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM Pacific Time, Jennifer M. wrote:
 Everyone is different so don't sike yourself out! 
Also,in my opinion as an RN of 18yrs, mom of 5, wife and women....... well, women tend to handle pain better and have more endurance regarding pain and recovery. We are just made that way so we can handle childbirth. If we weren't mankind would not exist.   

More than anything take others experiences with a grain of salt. You will have your experience and it will be unlike anyone elses! 

Im being sleeved on 4/13 so I understand nerves. I'm not scared cause regardless of any discomfort afterward I'm am doing something positive that will lietterally save my life not to mention improve it!!    Try to let the excitement of starting your new life take over any fear or nerves and remember all things shall pass....

That is so funny you say this, because child birth is my yard stick on pain for EVERYTHING..LOL.  If you can get through hours of labor and weeks of pain after - you can do just about anything!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

healthysoon
on 4/6/11 8:20 am - ID
I don't know about the answers but my surgery is on the 19th. I am getting a little nervous myself, but I reassure myself by telling myself that this is the best decision for me and my health.
Christine
The faith of a mustard seed will see me through    
VeraG
on 4/6/11 11:12 am - Bonner Springs, KS
I was exactly where all of you are right now one year ago.  Now  I'm down 100 lbs and feel wonderful!!  I don't know about men and women healing differently, but I do know men are babies.  No offense.  Just know that nerves are completely normal and this is the best decision of your life.  Congrats!!!!

Living until I die!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 82 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 297 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views