Surgery 1 week and 1 day away

freebird77
on 4/12/11 3:19 am - OH
I am sure that it is normal to be getting nervous....but I am getting extremely nervous. I have bought all my vitamins, bought different types of protein--ready to drink and powders, made a list of what I need to take to hospital...still a ball of nerves. I am so ready for this life changing tool and I hope that my family is as prepared as I am. If any of you have any tips or words of encouragement...I could sure use them.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful and blessed Tuesday!
Susan0714
on 4/12/11 3:29 am - Kenner, LA
Freebird,

Congrats on your surgery in a week.. I have 2 weeks and 6 days until mine.  Everything will be just fine, you will have people there to help you and be with you. 

I know taht my family will be there with me during and after surgery.. I too am nervous, I have been going to the support group at the hospital and talking with the patients there has really helped me get through this. I also have a friend that has been through SEVERAL shoulder surgeries so I talkto him a lot, and I have people that tell me things will be alright.

Sending prayers to help calm your nervous, and prayers the day of your sugery.

Good Luck, we will both be on the losing bench soon

Susan
Mandi E.
on 4/12/11 3:29 am - Kissimmee, FL
You can do this! I'm getting mine next month and I'm nervous as hell! You don't know what it's going to be like until after it's done. But just keep in mind that you'll have a brand new life afterward! You're gorgeous now but you'll  be a knock out in a year! You can do this!! I'm here if you ever need uplifting words! I love OH because there's such a great group of people that know exactly what you're going through!!! Fee free to add me if you want a buddy!!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 3:45 am
 Good Luck and Best Wishes!!! You will do fine. I will be saying a prayer for you, and hoping you have the best recovery ever!!!
Don't worry yourself so much. It's easier said than done..I know-but I can tell you that I have had several abdominal surgeries (open ones and laparascopies) and I worried like crazy and everything turned out fine.
(((hugs))) take care and just remember how wonderful it's going to be a year from now. Think about all the new experiences,clothes, etc. That's what I do whenever I start getting nervous!! 
Nurse_Audrey
on 4/12/11 4:04 am - Houston, TX
I think a little bit of nerves is a good thing. It means you have thought this through and you know what all is involved. I would think it would be worse not to be a little concerned. I know I'm a little nervous as well but I know that this is the best thing I can do for my health right now and I just keep reminding myself why I am doing this. I was just approved today and wont find out my date for a day or two more but I too would love to make some friends on here for support. Just stay positive and keep communicating with others on here! I joined this site because I found everyone on here to be so positive and all the posts to be so helpful. I know you can get through this keep your head up!!!!! See you on the losers bench!!!!!!!

freebird77
on 4/12/11 4:08 am - OH
Thanks for all the words of encouragement!! I am SO ready to be on the losers bench!!!! Absolutely love all the kinds words and support that I find on her!! Simply amazing...

Chino67
on 4/12/11 5:31 am - Canada
I totally get what your saying! My surgery is this friday and I can not even sit still I am so darn anxious! This site is so great though, people are so helpful and reassuring. When ever I get nervous I have been logging on and reading and chatting and I feel better :) I think having someone to talk to about it makes such a big difference.

Good Luck!

First 30 days 31lbs
meemhull
on 4/12/11 5:57 am - St Augustine, FL
My surgery is same day as yours! Good luck I'll say a little prayer for you when I'm going in.
freebird77
on 4/12/11 6:07 am - OH
I will say a prayer for you also!! We too...will be on the losers bench soon!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views