I don't get hungry, I get...

SpiceyMom
on 5/10/11 4:49 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Nauseated! Any other newbies with that issue? If I forget to eat I will inevitably start to feel queasy and have to force another protein drink down. (I still have another 1.5 weeks on full liquids.)

I wonder how long that lasts. Will be interesting to see if it continues once I'm eating real food again...
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
KrisJ77
on 5/10/11 4:53 am - TX
I had it bad at the beginning...as you progress and finally get to eat, it goes away!!  Thank God!! 

Frantom
on 5/10/11 4:58 am
Thank you for the warning - my surgery date is May 24th and I'm trying to get ALL the information about what MIGHT happen so I'm not a basket case when I wake up.
SpiceyMom
on 5/10/11 5:01 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Actually, Frantom, I wasn't nauseated at first. I know some people are, and badly so, immediately postop, but I was fine. This sleeve is an interesting ride, though.
hollykim
on 5/10/11 5:16 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Are you getting in 64+ oz of other liquida a day? Dehydration can also cause nausea.
Good luck,
holly

Karen M.
on 5/10/11 5:43 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14
I was told by my surgeon that the sleeve has the worst case of nausea from all the WLS. But he said it will just leave one day like turning on a light - and it did. I only had nausea for about the first 3 weeks. Hang in there.

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

DragonGirl
on 5/10/11 6:24 am - MN
Karen,
I never had any nausea at all and I know many other VSG'rs that didn't either. I've heard so many different opinions that folks have mentioned their Doc's said.
Mine told me VSG'rs rarely get to their goal weight. I looked at her like she was crazy!
I had already been researching and knew that wasn't true.

I said what's to stop me from gettting there...she looked at me with the same blank look and said "Nothing I guess!"
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
2muchfluff
on 5/10/11 6:03 am
I never had any nausea, but was warned that if I allowed myself to get dehydrated, I would be nauseated.  Try increasing liquids and see if that helps.

SpiceyMom
on 5/10/11 6:14 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
I'm definitely getting in 64 oz of liquids but maybe I need to increase anyway since it's hot here and I've been exercising some...
DragonGirl
on 5/10/11 6:27 am, edited 5/10/11 6:27 am - MN
Spicey...did they give you anything for nausea??  I just mentioned I never got nauseated but maybe the combination of meds we get put on never let it get to be an issue! Are you taking a PPI like Omeprazole or Zegrid?? Reducing the acid may help, too!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views