SO HOT AND COLD ,,,,

DJNICKL
on 4/16/11 7:04 pm
MY VSG IS TUESDAY ,, ONE MIN I AM SO SURE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO , AND THE NEXT MIN I WANT TO CANCEL AND RUN AND HIDE ,,,,,,,HOW DO U GET THRU THIS    PLEASE HELP
heardb
on 4/16/11 8:29 pm - GA
Focus on why you need to do this! And how doing this will improve your life. That was my focus.
Susan0714
on 4/16/11 10:22 pm - Kenner, LA
exactly what heardb said, to focus on why you are doing this.. I am doing it to be healthy, and to be around for my son.. (15 years old)..

I also think of all the things that I will be able to do after the surgery, that I have not been able to do for a LONG time.  For about 17 years.. Things like wearing a bathing suit again, or shorts,(hate my legs now), a big one in my support group the other day, going on a plane and not needing an extension.  I think of those.. I know what you mean though, my surgery is on May 2nd,and I know as it gets closer I will be scared.

But then I think about my son, and my family and that helps.. I also have people I can talk to from my support group, and they give me that little push.  The people I have met on OH, have helped a lot as well, sometimes just reading the posts has reminded me why I am doing this.

Good Luck

Susan
Mom4Jazz
on 4/17/11 12:20 am
My surgery is tomorrow, and I feel you. But you've come this far, and you know this is the right thing for you.

Are there ways you can distract yourself? I'm on clear liquids and a wreck, so we're going to an animated movie this afternoon. My family is being incredibly supportive with my crazy, overstressed self.
healthysoon
on 4/17/11 2:43 am - ID

My surgery is Tues also. Just wanted to say good luck and will be praying for you. These are normal feelings. Just remember the end result, a healthier you.

Christine
The faith of a mustard seed will see me through    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views