Tomorrow is the day 5:30 am

meemhull
on 4/19/11 5:48 am - St Augustine, FL
I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 surgery time a couple hours later. I am ready to be sleeved! I do have a question, I wasnt even nervous until my wife said they will be putting in a catheter when they prep me. Does anyone know if they do that after you are knocked out? I never had one and dont look forward to one. The rest, I am all good with.

Mike
Follow me on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/meemhull

HIghest weight 308 Apr 4th
Preop weight    292  Apr 20th
sk8inlady
on 4/19/11 5:59 am - NH
You will feel and remember NOTHING about the catheter!! I was nervous about that and the tube in my throat....never felt a thing and when I woke up it was all gone!! Good luck!
BrittanyLinn
on 4/19/11 6:00 am
aaah how exciting!! im happy for you! Well when my grandpa had surgery, he didnt have wls though, they knocked him out before they put the catheter in. I wouldnt worry too much about it. But good luck and congrats!!!! ill keep you in my prayers!!
BrittanyLinn
on 4/19/11 6:02 am
Jac0913
on 4/19/11 6:53 am - TX
Hi Mike,

Congratulations on your BIG DAY tomorrow!!  I hope you have a super easy surgery and speedy recovery.  I am newly sleeved myself, as of 4/12, and I can tell you my catheter went in AFTER I was already fast asleep.

Jaclyn
Height: 5'7 / HW: 223 / CW: 180 / GW: 145
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy | Surgery date: April 12, 2011 | Dr. Nick Nicholson

koverturf
on 4/19/11 8:19 am - CA
Congrats on your surgery tomorrow I you will do great as we all have! I got my cath after I was out.

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 9:41 am
Good luck on your surgery and I guess all doctors as different because mine doesn't put a catheter in.

I bet your looking forward to your new healthy lifestyle!!!!
Ulysses
on 4/19/11 10:37 am
Hey Mike -
Have a GREAT surgery tomorrow! I will be having mine in less than a week.

I do know about the catheter......
No you will not know about it if they do it after you are out.
One Problem...
They take it out while you are FULLY awake....
I wish I could tell you its not a big deal....But for me it was a wierd and bad experience. Not really painful - just....Creepy? I could feel it coming out and I could feel that it had been in when I took a leak the next few days. maybe they will remove it while your under?
-I hope I don't have one, but regardless...it will be worth it.
Best of luck,
J
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

TimeFlies
on 4/19/11 10:50 am
Good Luck tomorrow, Mike!  after i was wheeled into the operating room and moved from the gurney to the operating table i don't remember a thing until the recovery room.  so that part was easy-peasy.  the recovery room went well, too.  if i said i was uncomfortable, the nurse gave me something.  i hope you do so well -- we'll be thinking about you.   
    Presurgery Weightloss  -  In the year I had to wait for surgery I lost 62 lbs.

Post Surgery Weightloss    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views