Waiting is the HARDEST PART!!

dizzfree37
on 4/20/11 2:56 am - WA
I have completed all the requirements for my insurance and now....the waiting begins!!  I hate waiting for them to decide my fate.  Will I get to schedule a surgery date or will I have to jump through more red tape?  ENOUGH ALREADY!!  I wish the nurse would just call me already....it's been 3 weeks...and I'm about to loose my mind!!   
nuyvon79
on 4/20/11 3:06 am

I started this process in Dec 2009 and I am still waiting. My thinking is, I've come this far so waiting it out is not a big deal. All you have to do is live your life and believe me time and the weeks will pass just fine all by them self. You have done everything that you had to do to get here so that in itself is an accomplishment. I just posted about how I am not necessarily frustrated with waiting, but I am waiting to live my life. Life is to short to hurry and wish time away, because it does that all by itself. Don't worry you almost there, you will make it

SW: 281 CW: 202
Only got one shot to do this thing called life, and I'm gonna make it a winner     
dizzfree37
on 4/20/11 3:12 am - WA
  Aww....thank you for your encouraging words!   That kinda puts things in perspective.....I should enjoy everyday as if is were my last...weight or lost weight.....life is short.....you are SO right!!  Good luck to you in your journey...Maybe our surgeries will be scheduled around the same time since we both completed our pre op stuff around the same time.....I will keep an eye out for you!!  Thank you again!!
AGentry2520
on 4/20/11 3:14 am
I am with you!!! I had all my papers turned in and sent to insurance just to have the insurance company lose all of it!!
So we resent it all.. so total I have been waiting 3 weeks as well! And its killling me!!! Whats even worse is I already have a surgery date scheduled. (May 11th). So it literally is up to the insurance company whether or not this surgery happens!!
I'll send good vibes your way!!
Hope we both get an speedy answer!!!
Amanda*

DreamToBeSlim
on 4/20/11 3:26 am
I started all this in October of last year. I had to jump through hoops for my insurance to cover it. However, time has passed fast to me. I've been busy going to the gym and working out and making new friends there. I insurance required to work out for three months before they would approve me.

It's now April and I've been approved. My surgery will take place on April 28, in Marrero, LA. I am on my two weeks of liquids with one small low carb meal a day for 12 days and 2 days of liquids only ...now that is hard to me!

Anyway, hang in there. Anything worth waiting for is worth it in the long run.

Good Luck!!
This too shall pass>One day at a time :)
toobigjca
on 4/20/11 5:00 am - VA
Lap Band on 05/17/11 with
Ive been waiting over 3 weeks now also.  The worst part is that my surgeon gave me a surgery date May 3rd when they submitted so here I am less than 2 weeks out and no approval yet.  So next week if no approval we submit for a bypass and I guess I will go with that.

I really wanted the VSG but am not willing to wait months for approval.
AlmightyIsis
on 4/20/11 5:12 am - TN
You guys can add me to the three week waiting list for insurance approval from United Health Care.
Every day I go to the mailbox in search of an approval letter and waiting on Dr. Woodman's nurse to call me.
BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 4/20/11 5:23 am
Add me too to the list if people waiting. Cigna said it could take up to one month
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

Sunshine115
on 4/20/11 5:51 am - MI
Add me to the waiting bench too. I know what you mean about having your life in someone else's hand. Everytime I call, I hear "it's being reviewed and is still pending" I'm going nuts, and then of course that makes me want to eat.

Carmelita
on 4/20/11 5:55 am, edited 4/20/11 5:55 am - Four Corners, NM
Most Active