suggestion eat less

priyankawillshine
on 4/21/11 2:44 am
so my friend (very close to me , and the only friend who knows i am getting vsg )told me today "why do you want to get the surgery done ,why dont you start eating less. you will loose weight , like you'll do after the surgery ". i wanted to screem ,

but he was just concerned me going under the knife  and all.
but these are the kind of disscussions i want to avoid thats why i am not telling my family and friends
i have done this 4 times in my life and it never sticks . and when i wheigh myself the next time it is double the weight i was last time . if it was so easy ,would be at this stage at all.

LilySlim - (m9B4)
Janelle L.
on 4/21/11 2:50 am - Lakeland, FL
Amen sister! I hear the same stuff from my loved ones. They don't get it!! Be strong! *HUGS*

Mini.me
on 4/21/11 2:52 am
You have got to live your life for you. You know what works and doesn't work. If it doesn't work, find something that does. Sounds like you are on the right path. I know it's hard, but try not to let their comments get you down. You are right - they are just worried about you.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

George B.
on 4/21/11 2:52 am - Miami, FL
Exactly, if it was so easy to just eat less none of us would need WLS.

The sleeve took away my hunger. Not only do I eat less but I'm also never hungry. It's easy to lose weight when you're not hungry. Losing 100% of my excess weight would never have happened without the VSG.

Some people don't understand this which explains your friends comments.

Best of luck,
George

Katester
on 4/21/11 2:58 am
the most hurtful comment I have had thus far has been made by my mother. It was the day of surgery...DAY OF, and I got weighed right before they put the IV in my arm to start me on something to "calm me down"...I was a nervous wreck and was being very mean. But...I went and told my mom that I lost 19 lbs on the 7 day pre-op liquid diet and she said "it's not too late to cancel..." and i said "what do you mean?" and she said "you lost 19 lbs all by yourself in 7 days...you can lose the rest of it on your own".....i didnt even respond and went and got my IV put in...8 months later and she keeps asking me how I'm going to stop losing weight? I still have 30 more lbs to go mom!!
MN_Mama
on 4/21/11 3:02 am
My (thin) mother-in-law suggested the same thing.  Bless her heart, but can I have a "CLUELESS!!"? 
If I could have eaten 2 ounces of food, 3 times a day, and nothing else with calories, I probably would never have been heavy in the first place.  Unfortunately,  I have eaten much more than that since I was 3 years old, and serious hunger pangs hurt. 
I have been freed by my sleeve, and am on my own path to health now.  I send a "thank you" upstairs, and hug to my relatives, but I know my health is in my hands, and I needed the correct tools to do the job. 
Keep on your path, and blessings to you and yours.

priyankawillshine
on 4/21/11 3:03 am
thanks guys...
its good to know you are understood somewhere. 
you guys are such a good support ,
and i am counting on you guys to take me through this

LilySlim - (m9B4)
KrisJ77
on 4/21/11 3:12 am - TX

I'm not sure how much you have to lose, but listen to this little fact....the percentage of people who lose over 100 pounds through dieting and successfully keep it off - is 1 percent.  I want to be successful.

priyankawillshine
on 4/21/11 4:12 am
On April 21, 2011 at 10:12 AM Pacific Time, KrisJ77 wrote:

I'm not sure how much you have to lose, but listen to this little fact....the percentage of people who lose over 100 pounds through dieting and successfully keep it off - is 1 percent.  I want to be successful.

that is so insight full ....
SassyItalian
on 4/21/11 3:58 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
most people just dont understand.

my aunt told me i didnt need surgery, i could just eat falafel 3 times a day like someone she knows who lost 80 lbs...

falafel for life- interesting.

gotta laugh!!!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views