Ooooops

JennDee
on 4/25/11 3:34 am
I accidentally deleted my previous post. I need a little help friends!! I'm at my final pre op appt, my surgery is May 11th and like a crazy freak of nature, despite cal counting and exercise I've gained!!!!!!!!! Unreal!!!! Anyway, I need to lose or I risk surgery cancellation. How much did all of you lose on your 2 week pre op liquid diet?? As long as a take a few pounds off everything should be fine. Advice is welcomed!!!!!

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

shantele7824
on 4/25/11 3:43 am - SAN PABLO, CA
Hey I am having surgery on May 3 so I am right before you.  I started doing 2 atkin shakes a day and 1 meal of protein and green veggies.  I lost 30 pounds doing that, now they have me on all liquids so I think one of these choices would be good for fast weight lost, how much do you need to lose and excerise also.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

JennDee
on 4/25/11 3:47 am
As long as I lose at least 10 pounds I should be just fine. Congrats on your weight loss.

Jennie D.  

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

Mom4Jazz
on 4/25/11 3:56 am
Time to go all drill sargent on yourself on the liquid diet. Protein shakes, one low fat yogurt a day and clear, calorie free liquids. That's it. No carbs, no extras, no cheating. You'll lose those 10 pounds, and even though you might not enjoy the two weeks, you'll make it.

If you were really counting calories, it might just have been fluid. If so, it'll be gone by surgery.

Good luck. You can do it!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

msshellwillis
on 4/25/11 5:09 am
I lost approximately 24lbs over 6 weeks pre op. Atkins induction stage (STRICTLY****il 5 days pre-op. Then it was straight liquids for me. I also limited diet sodas. They made me retain fluid. i drank 1-2 Atkins shakes and at 1-2 Atkins bars a day prior to liquids. Never ate fruit. Strictly protein and veggies. Lots of water as well. You can do it! My nurse kept telling me "it is the last diet you will be on." Work for your WLS now and your WLS will work for you later. Good luck. Remember it is a means to an end. ;o)
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

maxcat
on 4/25/11 1:10 pm - Philly Burbs, PA
 I had your same surgeon and started at 253 in his office. I was told nothing about having to lose any weight before surgery and did have to do a 5 day liquid diet before hand. When I got there for surgery they never even weighted me. You will lose with the liquid diet for 2 weeks before hand. I was self pay maybe its an insurance requirement for you.
Good Luck in your journey you're in great hands!!

JennDee
on 4/26/11 12:57 am
Thanks everyone and keep up the great work :). Maxcat- I was also not told to lose any weight and just do a 5 day pre op diet but when I showed a slight (just a few pounds) weight gain we decided to extent my liquid diet.

Jennie D.  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views