2 weeks post op soft foods??? weigh in

Curious1989
on 4/25/11 1:55 pm - Garden City, NY
Well here i am 2 weeks post op and i feel amazing i havent felt this good in a real long time. Im young just 22 and before surgery i felt like i was selling myself short. On the 19th a week after surgery i weighed 340 that was down 17 pounds since surgery on the 12th and 26 pounds down from my heaviest 366. This morning i woke up showred and weighed myself and the grand number........330.4. i smiled and did a little dance. talked to my doctor and he added things to my diet, mashed potatoes, mangu smushy food IM HAPPY...  but i must admitt a bit scared i feel like its too soon but as i have read in here all docs are different he said chew chew chew and take ur time. so a new chapter in my life and i embrace it with arms wide open.
Meg1Pat2
on 4/25/11 4:12 pm - TX
VSG on 04/12/11 with
we had surgery the same day, and I am doing scrambled eggs, soft cheese and canned tuna,
I notice I cannot eat mushy as much as I can drink fluids, I could only eat 2/3 of 2 scrambled
eggs before feeling full. But that's what I had the surgery for, right ??? Keep up the good
work !!!

peachynptc
on 4/25/11 9:36 pm - Fayetteville, GA
Glad you are doing so well! I had my first 1/2 soft fried egg last night, yummy!! I am enjoying cottage cheese too. Just started mushies. My plan is to try and just do proteins. I am so scared to do carbs, you've heard of the 3 week stall I'm sure. I figure it may be bc we are able to eat more. I had this surgery bc I couldn't stop eating bread, pasta, rice, sweets so why would I start now? I'm hoping to get all my protein in with food now. Can't do the shakes.
Wish everyone the best!!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

George B.
on 4/26/11 12:17 am - Miami, FL
Congratulation on your success!

However, I have to wonder why your doctor is telling you to drink orange juice and eat mashed potatos? During the pureed phase I was told to limit carbs to less than 40 grams per day and potatos are all carbs. 

In the pureed stage I enjoyed eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt and chicken or tuna salad run through the food processor. 

Best of luck,
George

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views