Pre-op Diet Q...

amandamercedes22
on 4/27/11 2:37 am - CA
Hello Everyone!

So, today is my 7th day on my Pre-op diet and so far I have been doing pretty well... I just have some concerns.

Today I have a splitting headache... I know I am drinking enough fluids but I wonder if this is normal...

I also noticed that my lips are dry... You would think the opposite would happen when your drinking liquids all day...

Another thing, (this may be tmi... :-/) my stomach is really rumbly. I'm not hungry but it sounds like I am and it can be pretty loud...

Is any of this normal???

Thanks peeps :) 
KCChris
on 4/27/11 2:40 am - KS
 Did you drink a lot of caffeine before the preop diet? Pop etc? The headache could be from the lack of caffeine. 

My heart is all mine and my mind is free. That's all the revolution; revelation that I need.
Klasskat
on 4/27/11 2:44 am - TN
Hello...I just did my pre-op diet last week,(had surgery on mon) so I can relate to your questions.  I did have the headache thing for a few days but related it to try to decaf. I also had issues with sugar dropping and had the light headed thing and leg aches.  Going to such a drastic diet for so many days in a row can make you feel all kinds of ways.  The noisy stomach was so funny, I tought it was lettin  me know I was on track. Hang in there it will all be over and you will be on to the next thing.
Wishing you the best!!!!,
Kat
amandamercedes22
on 4/27/11 3:23 am - CA
Hmmm, you guys may be right.. I used to drink one cup of coffee a day and I just switched to decaf... I hope that is it. It's funny how hooked you can get on caffeine and not even know it.
Chino67
on 4/27/11 3:36 am - Canada
I am 12 days post op and can relate to you. I found the headaches, like the others said, were from caffine withdrawl. And my tummy is still rumbling away, not as much but still is. I was told by my doctor it has a lot to do with stomach acids and our bodies adjusting to the changes. Hope this helps :)
ps I found echinica herbal tea helped with my headaches and it tasted good to me. Never really liked it before though :)

First 30 days 31lbs
Sharon R.
on 4/27/11 4:48 am - VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
I am on day 9 of the pre opt diet and I have headaches as well and i don't drink soda or coffee so I am not sure if it is due to caffeine.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger
Height:  5.9   HW: 274  SW: 263
Sharon           

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views