Tuna attack

evilelf
on 4/29/11 4:03 am
OK finally reached my 2 weeks and made that tuna I've been whining about for the last 10 days. OMG I thought I was going to die. It hurt so bad going down, I thought I was having a heart attack. It lasted for about 30 mins so ..... back to the protein shakes for me.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

peachynptc
on 4/29/11 4:04 am - Fayetteville, GA
Did you use the small spoons and eat verrrrryyyy slowwwwly? I have enjoyed my tuna salad with lite mayo and pickle juice but I found if I don't do the above...hurt city!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 4:08 am
I put mine in the food processor with a little mayo anda pickle and it was super soft and went down easy!
angelsander
on 4/29/11 4:09 am - CO
 I agree with the previous post.  I have to make sure I take "small" bites and take at least 20 minutes to eat, or I hurt and can feel every bite try to enter my stomache and it hurts like hell!!!

MN_Mama
on 4/29/11 4:32 am
My first "solids" were whirred up with low fat liquids so they would pour off a spoon.  I was so grateful for the flavors, I didn't mind not using my teeth.  
Don't push the textures, since you're still healing.  Take care, and feel better soon.

evilelf
on 4/29/11 4:36 am
Thanks everyone, I will try to blend it up next time. I probably did eat to fast, I was so excited to chew something.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 4:47 am
I also was looking forward to tuna- I had it 16 day's post-op adn I was able to eat the whole can!
Chino67
on 4/29/11 5:09 am - Canada
I tired tuna for the forst time yesterday for dinner too. But I blended it so much is was runny. I did not mind though once I started eating it. I just added pickle juice and a bit of lowfat mayo. Maybe try blending it and take bitty bits :) Good luck!

First 30 days 31lbs
NewDawn50
on 4/29/11 5:18 am
I was almost murdered by tuna.

I put mine in the blender and mixed it with a little mayo and the first time I ate it I thought I was going to have to go to the ER.  Of course, I didn't really pay attention to how much and how fast I was eating, as it turned out.  I thought was was taking my time and not eating much, but when I look back, I wasn't measuring yet and still had a skewed idea as to portion size.  Plus, tuna simply went down too hard for me.

I had to try tuna several times before it clicked with me.  I tried it once a week, then suddenly, in week 5, it clicked.  Of course, I was careful not to do to myself what I did the first time. 

Sometimes, even when you go slow, some foods beat you up until you either get the hang of them, or they always disagree with you.

Kristy R.
on 4/29/11 7:17 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I am one month out today and had salamon in a cup last night, its made the same as tuna.  Chopped finer in the blender first, then added some olive oil mayo, a smidge of chipotle mayo, a touch of squeezed lemon for flavor, some lemon pepper and mixed well.  Teeny bites, I wait 2 minutes between the first few bites to make sure it works for me.  Also had some grilled squash that I mushed up - YUM.  I seriosuly chopped, flavored, grilled and then mushed this squash so I could get the grilled flavor.  I've had about 6 bites since yesterday LMFAO.  STILL worth it.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views