Home & Sleeved

lisa53406
on 4/29/11 8:03 pm - Racine, WI
Two days out. Im sore. I keep thinking about the stories of people not needing pain meds after day 1 or 2 and that is not the case. I ache and its better if I have some pain medication.

Now I am home and need to adjust to a daily routine here. There is unpacking to do and back to regular household tasks. I found that sleeping in the bed is still too painful. I do have a recliner but its not the same as being in bed.

Having a lot of cramping with just small sips. A little worried about eating pureed foods. May just have tomato soup etc tomorrow (later today).

All and all things are good and just taking it one day at a time.

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
jessj1976
on 4/29/11 9:07 pm - Carey, OH
VSG on 04/27/11 with
Glad to see you are home. I also had my surgery on the 27. Your right just take things one day at a time.
Mandi E.
on 4/29/11 9:22 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Congrats! I'm home as well. I've noticed the warmer the liquid the easier my new tummy takes it. I hope this helps! I was sleeved on the 28th so I feel your pain. I'm taking about a teaspoon of hydrocodone every 3-4 hours. I'll continue to take it until I feel like I don't need it anymore. Remember everyone is different!! Good luck to you and your  new sleeve!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

peachynptc
on 4/29/11 9:23 pm - Fayetteville, GA
You will be good as new soon. If you need the pain meds, take them. Just be careful about the constipation they may cause and take Miralax if need be. Sip, sip, sip!!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Jenny C.
on 4/30/11 1:01 am
 Welcome home!  I had my sleeve done on Thursday 4/28.  They discovered a large hiatal hernia during my procedure & they repaired it.  I had never had reflux, so it was little surprising.  Anyway, the diaphragm repair caused my chest & shoulders to hurt when I take a deep breath, though it's improving steadily.  I also feel pretty sore if I bend in the middle or turn over too fast.  I'm not quite ready to give up the Roxicet, though MAN is that bad tasting.  I will not be sorry to stop taking it when ready.  I think there's a normal variation on how long folks need pain meds, I'm thinking today for me, though more widely spaced, and that will be it.  I might take at bedtime if sore so I can get a good sleep.  Good luck, wishing you a really smooth recovery and fabulous weight loss.
Jenny
lisa53406
on 4/30/11 2:59 am - Racine, WI
Thanks Everyone! I am realizing as the day is progressing that today is better than yesterday. I only had the loritab once today and that was early this morning. Its amazing the changes that can happen in half a day.

So many people sharing the same time frame. Its nice to hear from all of you!

Lisa

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Most Active