1 Week Since Surgery

lisa53406
on 5/4/11 2:03 am - Racine, WI
I broke down and went to the Dr's office to use their scale. I have lost 18 pounds in this last week. Amazinggggg! Best of all, I am feeling great. I can see already how this is going to change my life.

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Chino67
on 5/4/11 2:05 am - Canada
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! It is just so amazing insn't it! I am 3 weeks out and so darn happy!

First 30 days 31lbs
svelteNgorgeous
on 5/4/11 2:11 am
 That's wonderful, congratulations.
inle31
on 5/4/11 2:37 am - GA
Congrats!
What are you doing to lose weight? I'm too one week out and I have only lost 4lbs.
Mandi E.
on 5/4/11 2:42 am - Kissimmee, FL
Great job! I've lost about 10LBS and am super happy!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ktalafuse
on 5/4/11 2:48 am
I am so excited for you!!!  I have my surgery on May 9 and I have been so nervous.  However, your post made me really excited about the future.  :)  Keep up the great work.
Kimi T. 
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
Maya Angelou

Meg1Pat2
on 5/4/11 3:13 am - TX
VSG on 04/12/11 with
The sleeve is amazing...I have tried a few of my favorite tidbits, just to test myself.....I ate a bite
of those foods that I would usually binge on.. I tol it well, but more importantly....I was satisfied
with one or two bites !!  Satisfied physically and mentally....It was good to know I can taste pizza
again, I can taste a bite of yummy cake again....just not a whole pizza or cake....I feel like a normal
eater....

godknowsican
on 5/4/11 3:30 am - MD
 Hi Lisa

Just curious. When you say you lost 18 lbs in the last week. Are you counting your weight before surgery? Or your weight after you came home?

I'm asking because i was 258 before surgery and 272 when i got home from surgery (because of the fluids) and now i'm only 256. So I'd think i lost 2 lbs since surgery not counting the fluid weight?

lisa53406
on 5/4/11 4:00 am - Racine, WI
Wow! Thanks everyone for the support. I am so excited!

@inle31 - I am following the plan provided to me. I am making sure my protein is between 60 - 80g per day and most times I am close to 80. I have been up and going (to the store or doing things around the house). I am not doing anything overly strenous and I do rest more than I am active. Also I am getting in all my fluids and more so.  As for your weight loss, do not stress it. I have heard of situations before where people are doing everything right but it takes longer for the body to kick in. Just make sure you are getting your fluids and protein and everything else will fall together.

@aennis84 - Congrats to you too! Its amazing how exciting this is.

@GodknowsIcan - I weight 18 pounds less than my presurgery weight. I had lost 19 before the surgery and lost another 18 in the past week.

@Meg1Pat2 - So exciting and I can see / feel that the possibility of being a normal eater is in my horizon. Its very early for me yet but there is a distinct feeling this is it.

@ Kimi - You have no idea how scared I got which had grown in intensity until i was 'under'. I was lying on the table for preop wondering what the hell I was doing and scared to death of the possible complications. I cannot begin to tell you how euphoric I feel right now. I feel great. I am sore and sleeping at night still comes with some groans but I haven't taken pain meds in 2 days. Even the nighttime wasn't bad enough to wake me up to where I thought "I need pain meds". I feel more energy even with the little bit of soreness, than I have had in a long long time. Its exciting!

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Lalamonkey
on 5/4/11 4:36 am - GA
Congrats on your move to the sleeve and taking control of your health.  It is a wonderful tool.  Congrats on your loss as well!  Mind blowing isn't it????
Most Active