First day home and sleeved

lori75
on 5/5/11 3:37 am - CA
Well it's finally done and I am home. Had a massive hiatal hernia repair done as well. At least we killed 2 birds in one shot. My obstruction/leak test was fine other than it was extremely slow, so they made me stay a second night. Had to retake the test again the next day. Said it was still slow due to the swelling but  was going to send me home. Been working on getting in the fluids and protein, Doc said protein first (as your protein also counts for fluids) Not as easy as I had hoped but it is happening none-the-less. Still hurting some (although not as bad as I thought I would) and moving slow. Cant wait to see how I feel in the next few days and to see some weight start coming off!

HW 250 CW 240.5 GW 140   5' 5"

Klasskat
on 5/5/11 3:52 am - TN

Hi and I am so excited for you!!! I am just over a week out and after day 7 I am now moving around much better so just relax until then and go slow. Your gonna do awesome and congradulation!!!!

Kat

peachynptc
on 5/5/11 4:22 am - Fayetteville, GA
Take it easy since you had a 2 for 1 surgery. Sip, sip, sip. Make sure you get fluids in so you don't get dehydrated. Then make sure you get protein. Congrats and Welcome. It is so nice that I can say that now, I am 3.5 weeks post op.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

BJUpNorth
on 5/5/11 11:31 am, edited 5/5/11 11:31 am - MN

Congratulations on your new tiny tummy!!! So glad things are going well for you. Just make sure to sip, walk, rest and repeat.

It really is hard to get everything in for the first couple of weeks. Just keep sipping. I am just over 4 weeks out and still have a hard time getting all my protein and fluid in. Here soon it will be second nature to us.

Best Wishes,
Brenda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views