????

lori75
on 5/6/11 11:41 am - CA
Not really feeling hungry or missing food, but I don't even have a want to do anything. Drinking is going slowly, but I have been checking my hydration levels on my scale. I just feel blah! My body aches from resting but the hernia repair hurts if I am up and around too long. I slept most of yesterday thanks to the pain pills, but havent taken any today. I will tonight just to get some sleep. I still feel bloated (but am not holding onto any water weight from the surgery). I thikn I just have the blues and can't figure out how to kick them in the a$$.

HW 250 CW 240.5 GW 140   5' 5"

KathyA999
on 5/6/11 12:09 pm
You still have anesthesia after-effects, I imagine.  Plus surgery can knock us down for quite a while.  In between sips, just go with it - lay down & nap if you have to, walk walk walk, which helps with bloating, and wait it out.  It gets better day by day, never fear!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 12:35 pm, edited 5/6/11 12:35 pm

Some folks have depression after their surgery.   You have just been through a major ordeal.  Your body doesn't know what hit it.  Just keep on sippin, walk a little, sip a little more, ice chips are nice to help...
I had a hernia repair as well.  When I was 4 or 5 days out I felt BLEAH, too.  I slept a lot. 
Your energy levels will return shortly.  It DOES get better every day.
And, when that weight starts falling off you let us know!!!!!
Hugs and prayers,
Sharon
renee_isms
on 5/6/11 11:14 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Try to get in some protein.  A product called New Whey is one of the ones that my surgeon (woot!  as of May 25th!) recommends.  It's 3.5 oz and like 45 grams of protein.  Apparently it's better tolerated than the isopure.  rest sip rest sip, lather rinse repeat!

I owe my journey to the sister that adopted me and started a donation site for me, Asia Carrera!  Follow my journey at http://www.skinnyrenee.com  Thank you Asia for caring enough about me to help, Love you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views