I need my hair highlighted

Little_Toto
on 5/18/11 3:26 am
But I am a little afraid to do it since I lose so much hair each washing.  What do you all think?  Any advice from anyone, hairdressers,etc?
SW/CW/GW   224/140/135
5'2"  no pre-op diet

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 3:42 am - CA
I need a dye job, too. I'm losing hair as well. I would like to know the answer to this question!
emelar
on 5/18/11 4:00 am - TX
I've never stopped coloring my hair.  By God, I may be bald, but I won't be gray!!!!  Highlights, I don't know.  I THINK it'd be ok, but wait for the experts to chime in.
R. Murvin
on 5/18/11 4:08 am - Savannah, GA
I wouldnt do it I had my hair dyed after surgery knowing that my hair was already coming out. My hairdresser put an herbal perm when it was time and my hair fell out in the sink but she said it was the dye cause it did not come out at the roots.

Margo N.
on 5/18/11 4:14 am
Highlighting actually gave my hair a bit of body and texture that hid the fact that it was thinning a bit.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

michellemj
on 5/18/11 4:23 am
For what it's worth, I just colored my hair this weekend (dual process, even) and it's fine. My surgery date is about 6 weeks earlier than yours and my hair loss is starting to slow, but I'm not noticing any additional loss post-color. I couldn't stand the roots or the grey any longer!

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views