My male boss talks about my weight loss

Little_Toto
on 5/18/11 3:04 am
I live in KC.  My boss is in Chicago.  I saw him in March after losing about 40 lbs.  I saw him eight weeks later and I was down 11 more lbs.  He keeps talking about my weight loss, the fact that I don't eat that much and has even mentioned that I look really, REALLY good and something about being "hot."  I, of course don't want to tell him.  I work for a large corporation and he spreads and starts a lot of gossip. 

Now my dilemma, in a few weeks we are meeting in San Francisco for a few meetings.  I'm going to be about 8 lbs down.  I feel like he's making excuses to travel with me--like he's wanting to watch everything I eat. 

I really don't want to tell him that I had WLS.  Any advice on what I should say to him?  Maybe tell him in a nice way that talking about my weight is a sensitive issue and I rather not talk about it?

Let me know what you think.
SW/CW/GW   224/140/135
5'2"  no pre-op diet

smfaith26
on 5/18/11 3:10 am
That's a tough question to answer....do yall ever have the chance to talk on the phone?  Perhaps if you can express your concerns to him prior your next meeting would be helpful??
Stacy

Pre-Op Weight 264      Day of Surgery 257     VSG 2/16/11
wildfan
on 5/18/11 3:10 am
My opinion, if he wants to watch you eat, let him. If he makes any comments or asks any questions, just tell him you have changed your habits and are very careful with what and how much you eat and have worked hard to lose weight. None of his business what ALL you did to lose weight. And you would be telling the truth, because you have changed your habits, you do watch what you eat and you have worked hard. He doesn't need all the details.
Southernsleever
on 5/18/11 6:59 am
On May 18, 2011 at 10:10 AM Pacific Time, wildfan wrote:
My opinion, if he wants to watch you eat, let him. If he makes any comments or asks any questions, just tell him you have changed your habits and are very careful with what and how much you eat and have worked hard to lose weight. None of his business what ALL you did to lose weight. And you would be telling the truth, because you have changed your habits, you do watch what you eat and you have worked hard. He doesn't need all the details.
Yep, what he said.

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

viola_120
on 5/18/11 3:12 am - FL
Just tell him he is working you too hard and you need extra paid vacation time to recoup.
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
Little_Toto
on 5/18/11 3:14 am
That's what I told him last time--that I was eating more protein, really trying to focus on losing weight b/f my nieces wedding in July. He keeps harping on it. Yesterday, when I spoke to him, he again said something. It's annoying. Or maybe he'****ting on me. Not sure. He's a year older than me and married. I'm single but he does have a renewed interest in traveling with me when I've reported to him for 3 years now.
SW/CW/GW   224/140/135
5'2"  no pre-op diet

LeAnn B.
on 5/18/11 3:16 am - OH
If you are not wanting to say anything (which I understand, Im not saying anything either. I dont like hearing people negative opinions, that have no business giving an opinion) I wouls just say that you decided to make a big change in your life and go on a strict diet. Or there is always the option of telling him it's none of his business.
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 3:17 am
Next time he says anything, I'd just thank him for noticing that you were getting healthier.. but that your weight and appearance is a personal matter and not a work appropriate subject to keep commenting on.. It sounds (with the hot comment) like he is crossing the boundary there a bit. If he's insistant and does not take the hint, time to talk to HR before it gets out of hand..
kakora
on 5/18/11 6:35 am - FL
 I agree.  Since he is your boss, maybe, ask him (good naturedly, of course) if continuously commenting on your weight loss fall under the harassment or hostile work environment catagories.
That may put an end to it.  Good luck!
Karen
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 3:28 am - CA
I think it sounds like he wants to do more than watch you eat!  ZING! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views