nutritional value

corimeyers24
on 5/19/11 2:37 am - TX
 i was woundering what the limit on calories carbs fat are .... my doc doesnt have a nut and i am clueless on the specifics  i have just been trying to eat healthy but i am not losing very good so i was going to start counting everything if any one could let me know what they are supposed to do ... thank you

George B.
on 5/19/11 3:12 am - Miami, FL
Following is the plan my doctor gave me which I followed and had great success with.

1. Eat 600-800 calories per day when losing weight.
2. Limit carbs to less than 40 grams per day.
3. Eat at least 75 grams of protein per day.
4. Minimum 64 oz. of liquids daily.
5. Do regular physical activity/exercise. This includes walking, biking, yard work, chasing after 2 bad kids.
6. Start meals with protein first. Protein fills you up and keep you full.

I also track what I eat on myfitnesspal.com to keep me accountable.

Since I don't have a lot of capacity I don't track fat and generally select full fat options over low fat. I cannot eat much but what I can eat I want to be flavorful. 

Following my doctor's instructions I lost all my excess weight and have kept it off for almost a year.

corimeyers24
on 5/19/11 3:23 am - TX
thats what i wanted to know thank you

MN_Mama
on 5/19/11 3:33 am, edited 5/19/11 3:34 am

I'm 3 months out next Wednesday, and my NUT says don't bother counting calories or carbs yet, just start every meal with proteins (I can do about 2 oz dense meats, or up to 3 oz fish, meatballs, cottage cheese, chili, yogurt, etc), with a tablespoon or so fruit or veg, and stick to protein snacks if I must snack-yogurt, nuts, turkey sticks. 
I was given the OK to add a tablespoon or 2 of high fiber, low glycemic carbs like quinoa or low carb pasta, but I rarely do,  I get pretty full with the proteins. 
I was told if I stick to getting my minimums of 60 grams of protein and my minimum 64 oz water//0 cal liquids, move up through veg and fruit from there to what ever, I'll be fine through everything but maintenance.
Since I hate counting cals or carbs, this approach suits my taste.
I've lost 74 lbs as of a week ago, and down 2 sizes in clothing.  Seems to work for me.
Take care.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views