1 Year: Surgiversary!

blair94
on 5/27/11 7:18 am, edited 5/27/11 7:39 am - Oklahoma City, OK
 ONE YEAR LATER
Pre Op weight: 261.5 BMI: 40.3
1 Year weight: 158.5 BMI: 24.5
Total losses: 103 
Heighest weight: 278ish BMI: 42.9

Wow! Time goes by so fast. It feels like just yesterday I was anxiously waiting for all my pre-op tests to be sent to my surgeon—waiting for his call and the OK to go ahead and schedule my surgery. On the other hand, I’ve experienced so much, grown so much, and changed so much that I feel like the pre-op me was 10 years ago. I never thought surgery would change me so much. Yes, it changed my physical appearance- everything from my face to my feet! But it definitely changed my character as well..for better or worse. I choose to think for better.

I just got out school and have a few weeks off before I start summer school. I’ve been going out (frequently) lately. Sometimes I sit at the bar talking to guys and start to think about what the “old meÂÂÂÂ" would have been doing on a Friday night. I would have been at home, with my beloved family, eating a plate of Chinese food, watching what’s on TV. Maybe on a good Friday night my sister and I would go on a special date to the movies. Never was I asked to go shopping with the girls, two-stepping with the guys, or to the lake for memorial day fun. All of this has changed since my surgery.  Sometimes while I’m on the barstool I start to miss the “old meÂÂÂÂ". I think about all the special memories I have made with my family because I was neglected by “friendsÂÂÂÂ". I feel like I’m crossing enemy lines when I go out late on Fridays. I used to tell myself that it was my CHOICE to be at home on a Friday night. I was a family oriented gal. I would rather be at home in my sweats watching TV with any boy, right? Now I feel like going out is proving that the “old meÂÂÂÂ" was just a loser who nobody wanted to be around.  It’s not right—it’s not just, but that’s the cruel world we live in. I feel like we should start a campaign…Befriend a Fat Person Today! Just my .02.

What I love most about my surgery:

Confidence. I exude it. It’s part of me. Confidence keeps me from getting hurt now too. XXXXX guy didn’t call back? It’s because I intimidate him. XXXXX girl isn’t friendly to me? It’s because she’s jealous of me. It’s a great, freeing feeling.

Dresses. If you’re post-op (or a guy I assume), you’ve probably forgotten how terrible wearing dresses is. Legs rubbing together, sweating, getting little red bumps after wearing it all day… And what is a must-have with dresses?...

Heels. I can walk around in heels without wanting to kill myself! What a joyous feeling. Also.. what kind of goes with this.. crossing your legs. Probably my absolute #1 favorite thing about being my post-op weight. In fact, I think I will cross them right now!

Fitting in. I fit in to family pictures. I fit into roller coasters. I fit into seatbelts. I fit in with a group of my sorority sisters.

Going out. I’m 20. I have never really had fun being young. Not even as a child. Children are cruel. Highschoolers are cruel. And even college boys are cruel. I can go out now and actually have fun. I’m not worried about someone making fun of me. What a terrible world we live in.. things I can remember DRIVING less than two blocks to my high school instead of walking. Why? Not because I didn’t want the exercise. Because people would yell things out the window at me: one day a boy yelled “keep walking fattyÂÂÂÂ". Things like that kept me from getting out.

Random Thoughts:
You can't stress the small stuff: a maintain/gain week, hair loss, extra skin, strech marks etc. You just had/will have major surgery. You're losing a lot of weight. Don't expect to look like Jessica Simpson. You'll kill yourself trying to become perfect. If you have the money/desire, get all the surgery you want! But as you get closer to where you want to be, the higher your expectations get. This can be a great or terrible process. Challenging yourself is one thing. Criticizing yourself to death is another.

Edit!!: one more thing! The thing that I was most curious about as a pre-opper was how my stomach would look. Pictures don't do it justice so I made a video.. me sucking in, pushing out, normal, doing crunches, etc. haha. 
Here's the video link:
s53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lookinhotin06/

Message me for my Instagram/Facebook/Twitter details.
Bruce S.
on 5/27/11 7:23 am - Portland, TN
Congrats on your journey.  Where's the Pics???
blair94
on 5/27/11 7:25 am - Oklahoma City, OK
 sheesh!! you're quick :) I wanted to save my text before I added pictures:) they're up now
Bruce S.
on 5/27/11 7:28 am, edited 5/27/11 7:29 am - Portland, TN
On May 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM Pacific Time, blair94 wrote:  sheesh!! you're quick :) I wanted to save my text before I added pictures:) they're up now

I see them now.  Very nice.  Hey, the second pic, you could be BrownBlondes sister,.

blair94
on 5/27/11 7:40 am - Oklahoma City, OK
 what!! I'm way too pretty for that!!
StepN2ANewLife
on 5/27/11 7:32 am - AR
 Wow, you're absolutely STUNNING!! Great job!!! 

*Never Let a Dark Past, Cloud a Bright Future*

http://free2bme4eternity.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel: XxFemTationxX
Crimson
on 5/27/11 7:35 am - MD
so pretty!!! i love that polka dot dress!
Bigasiangirl
on 5/27/11 7:42 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
 Wow!!!    You look amazing!  Congratulations on your great success!  

BuckeyeGirl
on 5/27/11 7:52 am - TN
What an amazing year you have had! You look fantastic!

Congrats,
Lindsey

ToDream
on 5/27/11 8:05 am - Comox, Canada
Wow! You look incredible!! I can't wait to look as great as you feel!

Congratulations!!!

Follow my Entire Journey at www.myaceinhand.blogspot.com

VSG April 25,2011   SW 223/ GW 135/ CW 135

WLS goal reached Feb 2012... now on to my body reconstruction Early 2014!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views