VSG Tomorrow Morning

Livealot
on 5/30/11 7:27 am - NJ
I'm to be at admissions tomorrow at 9:15 AM. Any last bits of advice or support from my friends?
ANything I need to know? Tomorrow is the beginning of a new life for me. I'm scared and excited at the same time. I'm 265, need to lose 75 pounds to get to my goal weight of 190. I think that that is doable. What do you think?
Valerie K.
on 5/30/11 7:37 am - Dearborn, MI
Best of luck. You will love your sleeve. bring something to put on your lips they get so dry.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Leah C.
on 5/30/11 7:39 am
I am also having surgery in the morning, VSG. My hospital list is simple: insurance cards, drivers license, cell phone and charger, housecoat, slippers, chapstick, toothbrush/toothpaste/deodorant, mp3 player and headphones, a couple books and magazines.

Best of luck to us both!

Leah Camp, VSG 5/31/2011
307 highest weight
284 before surgery
172 today, 4/30/2012 (11 months post-op)

rdd9348
on 5/30/11 7:42 am - OR
I am about the same, numbers-wise, as you.  Was hovering around 265 before pre-op diet.  Trying to get down to 150 or so.  Had surgery this past Wednesday, May 25th.  I would think 75 pounds would be easily achievable for you.  I was at 244 morning of surgery and was already down to 238 1/2 this morning.  I'm finding that I'm not hungry and that it's just a bit of a struggle to get in 600-700 calories. 

Pain was never a real issue.  Had shoulder gas pains after surgery but walked them out in about fifteen minutes after recovery.  I'm already sleeping comfortably on my side (where the JP drain was), and was able to walk for 90 minutes this morning.  Planning to go back to work next Monday.  Frankly, the worst thing is looking at the damned incisions (not that they're big - just that they're in ME). 

Like a lot of people, I had some serious second thoughts in the few days before the procedure, but five days later I already have no regrets whatsoever.

My only suggestions would be to maintain a positive attitude and keep in mind that law enforcement frowns upon patients who kill or maim nursing assistants who wake them up at all hours to stick things in them. 

Good Luck,
Dick
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
queen R.
on 5/30/11 8:01 am - enid, OK
My friend lost 70 in 4 months.  Very realistic goal.  Also, men seem to lose fast.  Good luck!!!  (don't hurt the nurses either....I'm a nurse  haha)

TennDee
on 5/30/11 8:07 am
Heya Livealot, 6AM arrival time for me.  I'm so scared and excited, I guess there are no other words. From what I have read here, lots of people have lost 75 pounds.    You can do that easy!!  

What are you bringing?  Seems chapstick is on everyones list.

I got you confused with someone else, so many people are tomorrow!!    We are all getting a new chance to fix our lives!  YAY!!

Spanky123
on 5/30/11 11:56 am
Hey Tenn Dee, are you in TN?  If so who is doing your surgery? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views