Kiss my A$$!!

JennDee
on 6/1/11 3:04 am
So, I'm at work this morning and the following convo happened with a coworker:

Mean Lady: "Wow, Jennie you've lost weight."
Me: "I have, about 33 pounds!" In a very happy and pround voice.
Mean Lady: "How did you do it?"
Me: "I had weight loss surgery." ( I am not ashamed to tell anyone about this surgery, I'm proud of the decision I made.)
Mean Lady "Oh the easy way. When I lose weight I have to do it the REAL way."

I literally gave her the evil eye and walked away. Some people are so rude. I'll remember she said that in a few months when I look and feel amazing and she's still a miserable, old lady!!

XOXO, Jennie

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 3:08 am - CA
OMG! Some people...she really does need a KICK to the ass! Congrats on your 33 lbs. loss! And this is not the easy way!! Why don't people get that?
cabcab
on 6/1/11 3:09 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Ummm, what a *****!!!!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

lisa53406
on 6/1/11 3:09 am - Racine, WI
Congratulations on your weight loss. That is fantastic.

People are ignorant and rude. Unfortunately, the nature of ignorance is that they don't even realize.

Ah well, take deep breaths and forgive her for her stupidity.

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Leslie B.
on 6/1/11 3:25 am - MO
Congrats on the weight loss.....I am just waiting for someone to say that to me.  I am going to ask them if they had to maintain a certain amount of calories, exercise everyday no matter what, eat a higher protein diet and give up all sweets, soda and beer for a lifetime.  This is not easy, it is a lifestyle change.  People don't get that you can cheat with the surgery also.  The only thing the surgery is for is the tool to keep us motivated.  The weight wont fall off if we dont try!  Good for you for walking away!  I am so proud of you!  ~~Leslie~~

"I am so happy with my new life, would not change it for anything!"
Sandy S.
on 6/1/11 3:26 am, edited 6/1/11 3:26 am
You go girl Don't let the bast***ds get you down!  There are so many mean spirited people who just can't help themselves- I hate those backhanded complements!  Walk proud sister!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Dee60
on 6/1/11 3:26 am
VSG on 02/21/12
Congrats on your weight loss. Know that people will be stupid sometimes.... dont listen to her. Let her watch you melt the lbs away and stay focused.
I have been researching the WLS, it is sooooo not an easy way out. it seem like a lot of work for sure. So be very proud of yourself! Way to go girl!
AniO
on 6/1/11 3:32 am
What a meanie. Oh well, we'll see how that goes for her.

I was one of those people. Of course, I would've never said it out loud to them. But back in the early 2000's when lots of people at my job started getting WLS, I would think the same thing. I wanted to do it on my own. Well, fast forward years later and I had WLS. If she ever says something again, you can smile at her and say, "How's that working out for you?"

KrisJ77
on 6/1/11 3:38 am - TX
Too funny!! I will have to remember that!!! 

Smardeepants
on 6/1/11 8:34 am

LOL... I love this. I have some snooty neighborhood women that have adopted the same mindset, I'll def. be keeping this one to use as needed.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views