ahhhh

nicknato
on 6/3/11 10:01 am - Canada
So I havn't been on here in ages....Those of us who don't do so well tend to fade away. I had my vsg on Jan 4th 2010...so that puts me almost a year and a half out.. I lost 52 pounds and havn't lost a pound since last oct... I have come to the conclusion that my body hates me. I have been tested for everything and I eat great and get my water in. No one can figure out my resistance to weight loss....SO to those out there who aren't dropping it like it's hot...you are not alone. Actually I have managed to gain 10 pounds since last oct. Not sure how because my restriction is wonderful but it is what it is I guess....Would do this surgery again in a heartbeat. I am tankful for where I am...just wish I was doing better. Congrats to all of you who do....

sfmini
on 6/3/11 11:31 am
Right there with you......
Check your temperature a few times a day and let me know if it is low. I am curious, mine runs very low, 95 - 97, trying to find out if there is a connection there.

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/11 1:33 pm
I have had a low temp for years..anywhere from 96.7 to 97.4. I was told it was a symptom of hypothyroidism and when I had bloodwork done I was indeed hypothryroid however taking Levothyroxine has not improved my temp even tho my blood work is good now.
Linda B.
on 6/3/11 11:38 am, edited 6/3/11 11:38 am
Wow...I'm not sure on what to say     but have you tried logging your food on myfitnesspal.com? I have found it really helpful in being mindful of exactly what I'm getting. sometimes it's just too much carb or high cal foods that just inhibit weight loss. just a thought, I don't know how I'd feel if it were me and I were doing all I could to lose weight and it wasn't happening. The temp thing could be thyroid...but I'm not so sure it would totally prevent weight loss. I too have a low temp and I do have thyroid issues.Maybe it's due to something else?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 317 views