Home and Confused

Livealot
on 6/4/11 4:18 am - NJ
I just got home after being sleeved this past Tuesday and everything I learned went out the window. I just remembered to take a vitamin. I'm having a hard time with liquids. I've has jello, popsicles, water and broth. Today I  drank 4 oz of tomato soup at noon and another 4 oz just now. There must be more lquids I can have. I'm going to try a protein shake now. Is 4 oz at a time too much?
Jennifer S.
on 6/4/11 4:23 am, edited 6/4/11 4:23 am - CA
My doc didnt have me do vitamins until after 2 weeks. I was told to drink 48 to 60 oz of water. Soup jello yogurt ect. you will be fine.... water water water. and protien shakes
 Jennifer    
Sassy 1
on 6/4/11 4:52 am
I agree- I didn't take a vitamin until after the first month- too hard on the stomach!  Water, vitawater zero, hot decaf teas, cold decaf teas, protein shakes, I did water with a splash of juice, but probably against rules, plus what you're having now.  I could do 4 oz, too, and wondered if was too much, but definitely can't do 4 0z of solids now.  I wasn't hungry at all until a week out and then got starving!  Just remember, this month will be the hardest part- you're tired, stuck on liquids, then mushies, wondering if you did the right thing, losing weight like mad (takes a toll on your body and energy), healing, not able to exercise much, plus you unleash all those hormones that were stored in your fat- I was just mean that first month!  My doc said your body adjusts hormone-wise after about 6 weeks and that it's normal.  But just get through it, count down the days, give yourself a break, ask your doc/nut/oh members lots of questions.  It gets way better once you're on this side of it! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Carly ~
on 6/4/11 7:59 am, edited 6/4/11 8:04 am
 Here's the list of Full Fluids from my hospital after being sleeved.  It continues from in-hospital until week four, mushy stage.  This is in addition to any clear fluids you may wish to have.  Count all your water, count your protein shakes and any other beverage listed as liquids in.  

From Hospital: 
• Stage 3 is only liquids (no chunks): high quality protein, low fat, low sugar.• Protein Choices include Glucerna, Boost, Ensure or Carnation Instant Breakfast (CIB), milk-based soups, dairy products and protein powder• Increase to 4-8 oz per hour to achieve 60 – 80 grams of protein and 8 cups of total fluid daily. It may take up to two weeks to achieve this

Stage 3 Beverage & Food Suggestions

Beverages:
• Low sugar, decaffeinated, non-carbonated fluid (Water, Crystal Light, Wyler’s light, Fruit 2 O, sugar free Kool Aid, Minute Maid Light, Tropicana Light, Propel, Welch’s Low Cal, Diet Ocean spray)

Protein supplements:
• protein powder smoothie (can add fruit)
• Commercial complete meal replacements (Ensure High Pro, Carnation Instant Breakfast, Boost , Glucerna

Dairy Products:
• Skim or 1% milk, Skim or 1% Lactaid, unsweetened soy or rice milk (good for lactose intolerance) • Smooth low fat, light yogurt (no chunks) - less than 1% MF • Sugar free, fat free pudding (Jello, Hunt’s), Low fat, sugar free custard

Soup (canned or homemade):
• Strained or blended low fat cream soups
• Blenderized, broth based soups

Other Nourishment:
• Thin (able to pour) low sugar hot cereals (Cream of Wheat)
• Sugar free ice pops (Popsicles)
• Unsweetened applesauce
• Sugar free gelatin (i.e. Jell-o, Hunt’s, store brand)
• Dried skim milk powder (i.e. Carnation, store brand: 8g PRO/1/3 cup)
• Part skim ricotta cheese or low fat cottage cheese, blenderized (add a little milk if too thick)
VSGbyACEVES
on 6/4/11 10:40 am - UT
if you will look at my posts--I think I have posted INFO that can help you alot.  Also, I am on YouTubes under account name BusinessOfHope--there are a few posts that I did this month that will be helpful to you.
wert
on 6/4/11 11:00 am - MN
4 oz. at a time would have been too much for me. In fact, it still is. It took me all day to sip sip sip my way to my liquid goal. Don't push. No need. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 431 views