Anyone have an ulcer post op?

MrsHelm1012
on 6/23/11 3:27 am - Washingtonville, PA
So I spoke with the PA in the Nutrition clinic today (I see her on Monday) and based on my symptoms she thinks I have an ulcer in my stomach.... She is starting me on Prilosec 2x a day, and we are going to see if that helps. Her Husband is an RN and works with my Husband in the Endoscopy Clinic in the same hospital, so if I have to be scoped (which is a good possibility) I will get in pretty quickly, thankfully! The pain has been pretty steady since last night, but definately gets worse with eating and sometimes drinking. It can be very uncomfortable. So anyway, I am just wondering if anyone has experienced an ulcer post op and what was done. Thanks in advance!!

allie_b
on 6/24/11 11:37 am
 sorry to hear your in the same pain i am!! i was just started on nexium and was also given carafate. i've been having some crazy pain the last 10 days and i finally got thru to my surgeons nurse. they're giving me 6 weeks of meds to see if the ulcer she assumes i have is healed.
i take ibuprofen  for headaches, aches/pains, etc. and she said thats what caused it most likely. so no more ibuprofen for me.... too bad since tylenol doesn't touch my headaches! 

the pain from the ulcer is a million times worse than my normal headaches so i can deal!
i sure hope the nexium works!!!

good luck with yours as well!!

I'm 28, 5'7 and have a bougie size 36 french, not oversewn.
Capacity for dense protein: about 3 oz. Also...only lost 2 lbs pre-op.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views