Clear liquid ideas?

Could_It_Be
on 6/28/11 10:24 am
 I'm sick of the sweet stuff- shakes, jello, nectars, crystal lite, diet Gatoraid... I have had some strained french onion soup and chicken broth.

Any other ideas?

VSG on 6/22/11
sleevegirl
on 6/28/11 10:52 am - Austin, TX
I'm on clears too. I am not a fan of broth anyway and this is driving me nuts. SF Popsicle?

I didn't think of straining the french onion soup I have. It's listed as a cream soup though so I dunno. Hmmm... I can't even have shakes. Isopure. Grrrr...

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Sandy S.
on 6/28/11 10:55 am
I hear you,  I graduated to full liquids today and not a moment too soon.  The only other thing I tried was sf Popsicles(but that is still sweet)  and vegetable broth, but I did not care for it.  Hang in there-you can make it. 

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Could_It_Be
on 6/28/11 10:56 am
 I never thought of French Onion as cream, it looked just like beef broth but gave me major onion breath - poor hubbie!

I do have some popsicles but again, the artificial sweetener is sooooo very strong to me now. It's strange!

Thanks, hope we can make it :)

VSG on 6/22/11
Jenijeni
on 6/28/11 11:11 am
How much longer on clear liquids? I only had to do them for first few days. I don't have any other suggestions. I did lots of chicken bouillon and beef broth. Everything seemed too sweet to me, too. Have you had Mio? You can add whatever amount you want to water, so you adjust the sweetness. Also, Soni**** with a little crystal light on it for flavor was good. If you drink Kool-Aid, you can add however much splenda you like... Fine tune it to your tastes. Good luck!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Candy0081
on 6/28/11 12:48 pm
 HAve you tried some Miso soup?  You could strain out the extras, but I bet it would be yummy.  Matter of fact I think that's going to be lunch tomorrow. 

Could_It_Be
on 6/28/11 2:31 pm
Thanks jeni. Ive got another week on the clears. Ive been diluting the crystal lite but didnt think of kool aid, thanks
redsnapper1975
on 6/28/11 11:58 pm
Try some different brands of chicken broth/bullion- they taste surprisingly different.  Also, can you have juice on your clears?  I could and watered down cranberry was good because it was tart.  Also for tartness Vitamin Water 0- "Squeezed."  Or, just splash some lemon juice into your water.
~ Kim

walmartian
on 6/29/11 12:36 am
Bud Light. I am serious, funny I see this thread right after posting about what I had for my 'last supper'.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views