sleeve surgery sick after surgery

Debber7714
on 7/6/11 12:50 pm
I'm with the gang that gets nauseaous at the drop of a hat, so I, too, believe in letting the drs know everything there is about you before you get to the O.R. Anti-nausea meds are great, and so is the patch...but make sure they give you some of that good stuff to take home, for when I got home and drank my liquid courage, as I call it, the oxycodone, here comes the nausea. So after a few days, I weaned myself off it. 9 days out and no pain meds - its smarts some especially on my right side closest to my belly button, but that's to be expected I hear. Word of caution though - if you know you're gonna sneeze, for God's sake grab a pillow---OMG that's the worst feeling - like I was going to rip something loose!

Also, I had hiccups really bad the first day or two in the hospital - but gradually they went away. Was sore from all the hiccuping I was doing tho.

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 12:57 pm
 I had some nausea the night after surgery. The only time I actually vomited though was when a nurse gave me nausea meds by mouth instead of in my IV.
katier825
on 7/6/11 1:02 pm
While in the hospital, I had a spell for about 30 seconds of nausea and none since.  I have not vomited at all since surgery either.  I do tend to get sick from the anesthesia, so I asked the doctor to hook me up with some good anti nausea meds. 
Mom_Of_Three_Loves
_Life

on 7/6/11 1:42 pm
YES! I had four nausea Rx and none helped. I was extremely sick and nautious for about ten days.  Now, I only get nautious if I have sugar. (tried to drink lemonade...felt horrible afterwards, even though I diluted it with 75% water)  And, I'm apparently an odd case b/c the dr couldn't figure out why I was so sick.

Paul11011
on 7/6/11 2:39 pm
I only had one episode of dry heaves and that was the second night after surgery for about 10 minutes.  Other than that I never had any further issues.
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

dmich
on 7/6/11 9:34 pm
Thank you to all of you. I hope you know how important you guys are to someone like me with a million questions. You guys are priceless.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views