fess up...

Paige V.
on 7/6/11 10:41 am, edited 7/9/11 1:52 am - Gainesville, FL
how many of your gained suddenly, right before you had to weigh in for the first of your 6 months doctor supervised?
(not looking to bash or be bashed-just honestly curious)
Could_It_Be
on 7/6/11 10:43 am
I shrunk an inch :x
Paige V.
on 7/6/11 10:45 am, edited 7/9/11 1:51 am - Gainesville, FL
I get measured every time, and one doctor says one thing and and another says something different.
Could_It_Be
on 7/6/11 10:51 am
I used to be 5'8" but am 5'7" now
Still Fawn
on 7/6/11 12:31 pm - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I didn't... But I would have! In a heart beat!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

barber64
on 7/6/11 12:35 pm, edited 7/6/11 12:51 pm - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12

42lb

peachynptc
on 7/6/11 1:25 pm - Fayetteville, GA
I think it is so sad if we have to resort to this. I just wish people would look at this problem we have in comparison to an addiction. The big problem is that we Have to eat, we don't have to drink alcohol or smoke but we have to eat! I am so thankful to be able to get this surgery, it cost me more than I thought but I am getting healthy. I was on the verge of taking BP meds and cholesterol meds. Thank goodness they waited until I lost some weight to see if it would work.
I hate that it had to come to this, removing a body part, for me to get healthy. I would have loved to have just lost it without surgery. Keep in mind this IS surgery, any surgery is dangerous. I have had MRSA before and it is not fun, it is truly scary. Keep those in prayer who are going through problems and who are pre op. When I read that someone is going in for surgery, I say a little prayer. You all are in my prayer.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Paige V.
on 7/6/11 1:33 pm, edited 7/6/11 1:34 pm - Gainesville, FL
my dad died from infections after a surgery, so I am well aware of the risk :( I know that me being this heavy is far more risky though...it is bad the hoops we have to jump through though. I have cost insurance far more with the testing and 6 months of visits than I am sure I cost them in YEARS in the past. It would be FAR cheaper to just give me the surgery.....

thanks for your thoughts and prayers =)
lsereno
on 7/6/11 1:49 pm - CA
I  slacked off on my diet attempts and gained a few pounds. Well worth it to me. I would have most likely gained the weight anyway-- I'd been on an upward trend for years.

Lynda

teetee126
on 7/6/11 2:00 pm
I didn't but I would have ****!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views