Advice needed!

jjgrund
on 7/21/11 11:57 am
Hi there, I am new to this but here it goes.  I was sleeved on 06/17/11 and the first couple weeks on liquids went okay, frustrating but okay.  Now that I am on Pureed and Mushies, nothing tastes good.  Everything I eat is gross and after a couple bites I do not want any more.  Then I sit with this feeling that everything is stuck in my throat.  Will this ever get better?  I have not been able to get my water or protein in.  Milk is even making me sick.   Advice please!!! I do not want to think that this was a mistake.
Lisa D.
on 7/21/11 12:14 pm - New Orleans, LA
Try some thin cream of wheat.  It really worked well for me.  Work on fluids first, then slowly try one new food at a time to see what works and what doesn't.  At your stage a couple of bites is plenty.  It is when you force that one extra bite that you will get the stuck feeling.  You did not make a mistake!  Things will get better.  Just don't try too many new foods too soon.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

jjgrund
on 7/21/11 12:20 pm
Thank you...I will try that.  It is such a big change that it is hard to remember to take tiny steps.  Time seems to pass so quickly when you can have what you want but goes so slow when you cannot.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views