The Longest 2 weeks of my life....

iLoveMe
on 7/24/11 1:03 pm - MO
Okay so in about 2 hours I begin my 2-week liquid diet..I am soo nervous..I have been having my "last supper" for the last month and have gained 7 lbs..yikes! Anyways, I cannot worry about the past..what's done is done..Now i am looking forward to living a healthier and happier life!

I get sleeved on 8/8/11 and I am SUPER EXCITED...

Today I went to Wal-Mart and bought the following items:

-Sugar free popsicles
-Crystal light packets
-bottles water
-Whey Protein Isolate
-Sugar free jello
-chicken broth

I AM READY TO ROCK THIS SLEEVE!
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 1:12 pm
I have preop on Wednesday.  I am looking foward to hitting Walmart or any grocery store for my preop diet because then I know the day is almost here.  My doctor only wants me on a liquid diet for 1 week which is great.   For the past week I have been doing shakes for 2 meals a day followed by 1 real meal.  All was going great until the weekend.  The hubby de****d he wanted pizza, mexican, ice cream, and fried chicken.  Now I will need to get back on track Monday morning. 

August 4th begins a new chapter in my life.]

good luck on your diet and I look forward to reading about your progress.
chunkymonkey1991
on 7/24/11 1:15 pm
We have the same surgery date! :) fun fact
Jan G.
on 7/24/11 1:50 pm - WI
Yeah I hear ya. My pre op liquid diet starts next Friday; sleeved Aug 5th. BUT my dietician said, 5 days of sugar free and last two days, ONLY liquids WITH sugar to keep up blood sugar. What were you told?

Having a few "last suppers" too..but see surgeon Wed and do not want to GAIN. And I am not enjoying the "sinful" foods as much.. go figure LOL

continued support on your journey~ Jan
cabcab
on 7/24/11 1:56 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I thought buying the straight "Chicken Broth" in the carton or can was really really bland and yucky.  I much preferred to get cans of Campbells Chicken Noodle and make that, but just eat the broth.  It had way more taste!

The first couple of days were the hardest for me, but then I kind of settled in.  It does work!  In two weeks my liver shrunk 4 centimeters.  II'm an ultrasound tech and a friend at work measured my liver before and 2 weeks later.  I was shocked, I really didn't think it would do much.

Anyway, best wishes and let us know how it goes!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

my_year2011
on 7/24/11 6:13 pm
 Kaiser required me to lose 10% of my body weight over a 12 week period.   They told me that if you lose 10% that your liver will shrink 20%.  So that's what I had to do.   My surgeon only required clear liquids 1 day prior to surgery.   I am on full liquids now until day 14 (next Fri).   Didn't think I would be so happy to eat pureed foods, but I am looking forward to it!   Good luck to all you upcoming sleevers! You will all do great!
~Sher  
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers  

dentalhygieny
on 7/24/11 8:19 pm - MN
dentalhygieny
on 7/24/11 8:26 pm - MN
I am so excited for you...I am scheduled to have my sleeve on August 8th and getting excited...you will do awesome...2 weeks will go by fast....Good luck and keep us in informed...
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views