Foods to stay away from?

Jose.D
on 1/15/12 1:20 pm - NY
What has been the food that completely disagrees with you and/or most VSG'ers?

I'm trying to stay away from all potential throw-up foods. I haven't had bread, anything fried or with sugar for eight weeks.

Would like to hear what you guys are starting away from and what had caused disagreement with your sleeve, so I won't make the same mistake.

Thanks for sharing your top NO-NO Foods!

TheBiscuit
on 1/15/12 1:22 pm - TX
 Rice. I love it, and I will have a spoon or two every now and again to curb a craving, but any more than that and I feel awful. It has a bad tendency to expand in the pouch if you have too much of it. Very uncomfortable, like bread. 

I also can't handle spicy food. It causes intense heartburn.
frannypance
on 1/15/12 2:09 pm
Lettuce doesn't always agree with me . I have to be careful with salads. I have thrown up the most after eating salad.
Mike B.
on 1/15/12 3:01 pm
I have been told to stay away from bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, tortillas, chips, and corn. This list is all I can remember for now. I am only 5 weeks out and I haven't tried any of these items, so I can't tell you what would happen if you ate them. The only time I have was when I ate one bite too much of something and it would not go down, so be careful with volume.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

newme2011-2012
on 1/15/12 3:43 pm
Nothing disagrees with my sleeve.. I call it the sleeve of steel!!!
Julie
BETHC500
on 1/15/12 10:38 pm
Ditto... I can eat anything I want. I just tend to stay away from bread, pasta, rice etc... Because I am not in maintainance yet. the only time I have been sick is when I have eaten to fast and it got stuck.

Shana16
on 1/15/12 3:44 pm - Las Vegas, NV
For me it is any egg yolks, can eat whites.  Any thing BBQ flavored.  Salad of any kind. Over eating.  I  bought a food scale and weigh all of use measuring cups for all my food. 
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

its4maya
on 1/15/12 3:48 pm - Cypress, CA
I too have a sleeve of steel! Everything agrees, including and unfortunately too many Christmas cookies...time to get back on track.
I did, however, follow the strict guidelines I was given for my first 3 months of post-op, giving my sleeve a lot of time to heal and being kind to it as I introduced foods. If it wasn't on my list, I didn't touch it and now I can have anything, in very tiny portions

VeronicaJ5
on 1/15/12 4:16 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
So far scrambled eggs are a little touchy, they stay down but eh. Chicken fish beef are fine, pork made me sick before still does, if you didn't like it before you really won't like it now
julesGA
on 1/15/12 7:19 pm - Brunswick, GA
 So far nothing Ihave tried bothers me. I haven't had bread or rice, or breaded fried foods though...I'm afraid of them.  Spices..no problem at all! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views