OT- In a wedding 6 weeks post op

stacezoe
on 8/3/11 1:34 am
Okay, some weird ????'s for you... first of all I just got my dress in for a wedding I'm the Matron of Honor in October 9th and its a little roomie! I haven't even had my surgery yet! How bad do you think its going to be 6 weeks post op? Good news is there are detachable straps so if I have to I can put them on to hold it up, but I don't want to look like I'm wearing a moo-moo! My starting weight is going to be right around 276 and I'm 5 10, anyone with similar starting weights that could share what they were down at 6 weeks?

Also I have to RSVP with my food choices, I will be 2 weeks into solids/semi-solids in all y'all's experience would you choose Chicken or pork loin?
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Lisa J.
on 8/3/11 2:38 am - OK
I would guess you'll be at least 20lbs thereabouts, down by then. No way to totally predict.

What I would do is prepare early to have a seamstress intervene as late as possible. It will all depend on your style of dress and how it's made of course as to what she'll be able to do. Better to be bigger than too tight.

GOOD FOR YOU IT'S ROOMIE!! WOO HOO

Pork didn't agree with me for about 6 months but that's just me. I eat it fine now. I would choose the chicken, and for safety, pack along a protein shake to drink instead of having dinner since it's impossible to know exactly where you might be in tolerance etc at that point but most likely you'll be okay. Nobody is going to complain because you didn't eat it, there will always be some man to scarf it down for you, right??? And everyone will attribute it to the business of the wedding (or busyness) if you don't eat. No biggie!

Enjoy your event!!
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
Susan0714
on 8/3/11 2:40 am - Kenner, LA
I am at 260 today so 45 lbs gone.  I am 7 weeks post op.  For the food I would see what your tummy can handle. Some people have issues with some foods. 

I have not tried pork since I have been out, but chicken is good with me.

Can you get the dress altered before the wedding?

I went from a 4X pants to a 2X pants..

Good Luck with your journey..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

stacezoe
on 8/3/11 3:12 am
Thanks for the input, chicken it is! And I'll pack a shake, thanks guys! And how bout a drink by then? Completely no? Or did any of you have a ****tail at 6 weeks?
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Lisa J.
on 8/3/11 4:52 am, edited 8/3/11 4:52 am - OK
I don't think I had a drink til about 6 months but I also never went to a wedding or celebrated during that time! LOL.  You'll know if it's okay to do that day when you're there, by how you feel. Just make it anything BUT beer or champagne, however some people tolerate a spritzer type drink okay even though we're discouraged to drink anything carbonated (EVER AGAIN)....but also beware that it might and probably will hit you pretty fast AND leave just as fast!

And I meant to say that you could lose up to or more than 20, not just 20 by then! Oooops!

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
jfab1978
on 8/3/11 8:15 am - CA
I'm 6 weeks post-op, high weight 295, surgery weight 276, I'm 5'3 (5'4 on a good day).  I was loosing weight pretty steadily at first, then hit brief stall at 3 weeks, weight loss has presumed rapidly now (lost 3 lbs in the last 3 days).  To date, I've lost 42 lbs.  I started in a size 24/26, now I can fit 18/20s (hope to be in 14/16 by September for the wedding that I'm in).  As far as drinking, I had my first drink this past weekend and enjoyed a few ****tails (wine, margarita, vodka)... got pretty tipsy.. but it was very short lived, it left almost as fast as it came on and I lost interest in it all together.

I can eat anything at this point.  I would go with the pork loin myself... just cause I don't eat it all the time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views