excited but scared

Danidan
on 7/28/11 12:31 pm
I recently got my surgery date....AUGUST 17!!!  I am sooo excited but so scared at the same time.  It seems as if the days are dragging by in slow motion.  I have become emotional just thinking about what is on the other side for me!!!!  Is this normal and will it get any better as my day draws near????
Marcia B.
on 7/28/11 2:43 pm - CA
Not to worry you are totally Normal :) I was so scared that the day of I told my husband I didn't want to go through with it.  But he reminded me that I was in great hands and that I did all my research and this would be really good for me.  It helped and got me into surgery.  I am 15 days post-op now and I can say that it is pretty good.  I had my doubts afterwards which I am sure you will too, but remember why you are doing this.  So you can be healthier, and have a more active life then the one you have now :) Good luck and best wishes
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Tipsynoodle
on 7/28/11 2:47 pm - Kempner, TX
 My date is tuesday and yes it is normal to feel scared and nervous and excited........get your mind set now for the liquid diet so it will be easier on you...buy a sample of a few and try them so u know now wich one u like....i bought some musclemilk and hate them, now im stuck with 4 more botlles.......just keep urself busy and ur mind occupied....u could make a list of whom to give or what to do with all your "big" clothes as you slim down, go through your closet and organize by size etc......I "spring" cleaned my house.....one room at a time to help me stay focused...then the garage and outside lol ..plus it helps cause i dont know how long after surgery i can clean again lol

Kipper30
on 7/28/11 2:49 pm
What you're feeling is perfectly normal :)  Now that you have a date, it has become real and you probably will become more emotional as you get closer to the big day. The week leading up to surgery was the hardest for me--  I had a lot of doubts, concerns, fear, excitement--- many emotions. But I think its all just part of the process, and in the end, I'm glad I thought it over so much--  it really forced me to examine and accept how this was going to change my life.  I was sleeved on the 13th- and so far so good!  I'm happy with my decision. Good luck to you!
Shershe793
on 7/28/11 7:19 pm, edited 7/28/11 7:20 pm - Blanchard, OK
I am right there with ya.. my surgery is the same as Tipsy's Aug 2nd.. I am very excited because I cant wait to start my new life with weight loss and feeling better and being healthy.. I am also scared because it is a surgery and being under anesthesia and all.. but I am confident in my surgeon because she does these all the time.. it is her specialty.  I do need to spring clean which is a good idea because that would definitely take my mind off of it since its in only 4 DAYS!!  OMGOSH!  hehe.. You will do fine and come out the other side happy that you did it because your going to be healthier and feel better and become more energetic.  I will keep you in my prayers. 

I have found that the best tasting protein shake I have come across so far has been Chike.. you can check it out at their website chikenutrition.com  I have tried a few different ones and they are the ones that taste the best to me..
 HW 327 CW 231 GW 140 Surgery August 2nd, 2011..                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views