i need to lose weight PRONTO

sleevedinjanuary2011
on 8/9/11 4:48 pm
Alright guys..I have been at a total standstill for the past three months and am over it.  I keep gaining and losing the same four pounds and I am ready to re-commit myself to this process!!

A friend from high school is getting married in a month and it will be the first time I see these friends from high school in..8 years.  I want to weigh less than I did in high school!!!  I bought a dress for the wedding in a size 12 because they didn't have a 14...and have to lose enough to fit in it!!! 

So I keep tellling myself..ok..back to basics..but I'm wondering what that means!  Having protein drinks/cottage cheese for all of my meals?  I need to re-set my taste buds and take control of my carb cravings..but what exactly would this meal plan look like? back to the serving size/variety as in the mushy stage?  i appreciate your thoughts!  

Would having a quarter cup of cottage cheese 3x a day be sufficient? or a quarter cup for breakfast..protein drink of lunch (oh YUCK) and 3 oz of chicken for dinner?    

i think i can...i think i can..

ms_dar
on 8/9/11 9:08 pm - Canada

Variety is important, this is your life not a diet.  If you feel that carbs have allowed you to get out of control then by all means cut out the big carbs like breads, cracker, cereal etc.  Go back to basics of protein and veggies(they have carbs too).  I suggest you use one of the free online food trackers so that you can better judge what nutrition you are getting and try to find a balance that works for you.  Good luck on your quest and I hope that cutting out the bad carbs gets you back on track.

I eat a large variety of foods but an average day would look as follows
breakfast- a few fresh berries, 3 or 4 egg bites and maybe part of a bagel or a thin slice of toast
lunch-1- 1 1/2 cups fresh green salad, 1-2 ounces chopped chicken breast, low fat dressing
snack- low fat yogurt and maybe some pepper or cucumber slices
dinner-2-3 oz meat, 1/2 cup veggies
snack??- 100 calorie pack of whatever or a small frozen treat

Trust me this is lots to eat and I am still losing weight without much exercise.

Good luck to you in getting back on track.  If you have nasty tempting things in the house like ice cream or chocolate then remove it .

dec721
on 8/9/11 9:42 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
You can't live on cottage cheese.  That would not come close to satisfying your nutritional needs.  Mix up lean protein (chicken, eggs, lean beef, low fat cheeses, etc.) and mostly green veggies, and you should do just fine.
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

hollykim
on 8/10/11 7:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I would eat as much dense protein as I could as well as getting 100+ ounces of sf liquid a day in. I would drop all the carbs,even the ones in veggies. The reason I would drop the carbs is,for every so many carbs your body HAS to hold water to process the carbs. If I was goint to eat veggies,I would eat brocolli,cauliflower and salad green as they are some of the lowest carb veggies.

I wopuld drop the fruit altogether. It is pure sugar(carbs) and the body will use easy to get to(fruit sugar) for energy before it will break down fat into simple sugar to use.  As long as you have carbs floating around your body won't break down as much fat.

Totally forget the 100 cal packs of anything except nuts. The items in those packs are white carbs and pure sugar and both will stop your loss in it's tracks. If you need something sweet,use SF pudding or a sf popsicle.

Good luck,you can do it but detoxing from the carbs is gonna hurt...no way around it,but keep your eye on the prize...
Holly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views