Need prayers ... happy thoughts that I will be able to get my surgery on the 17th

Sunny702
on 8/13/11 8:50 am - Las Vegas, NV
Okay ... I apologize in advance for the length because I'm very emotional right now. I haven't told many people I'm even having the surgery. I tried to talk to my mom and she just says ... well have the surgery around Christmas (she doesn't want me to have it ... see previous post about family driving me crazy). So I figured I'd share with people who know what it's like to be SOOOO close and the way you would feel when you think it might not happen.

I am a self pay so I am using the money from my HSA account to cover my surgery. The HSA account was started through my previous employer 2 years ago and the BB&T bank is in Maryland. There are no banks near me in Las Vegas so I can go in person. I called the bank weeks ago to let them know I needed to get my money to cover my procedure because I wouldn't be able to use my debit card out of the country. The banker (8th person I spoke to) told me she couldn't tell me anything until I faxed her over a copy of my drivers license stating that I wanted the money sent to me from my account. Keep in mind the 7 people before her gave all sorts of suggestions after I told them my name , rank and SS#. Anywho ... this Jill Harris person told me I needed to fax her all the information and wouldn't be able to speak with me about anything else until she received it. I proceeded to the nearest Office Depot and sent her all necessary information asking her to  CLOSE my account and mail me my money and to please call me when she received my fax. It is now August 13 nearly 3 weeks later she has NEVER called me!! 

The day after I sent Jill the information I received a phone call from my previous employer asking me why the bank was calling them to verify my personal HSA account. I told her that I was having a medical procedure done and I sent all necessary paperwork to Jill as requested. I then called Jill back and she REFUSED to tell me anything! She told me she couldn't speak to me only my previous employer. I tried to ask her what else she needed but she wouldn't answer me. I called my previous employer back and they told me that Jill couldn't find any paperwork to verify my signature so she wanted my previous employer to send her something. The person who handles that at my old job was on vacation until Aug. 22nd.

I call BB&T back and talk to anyone who would listen to me. I was told to go online and have a bill pay set up with myself as the payee. They told me that was probably the easiest way for me to get my money in time. I do all this on 8/5/11 ... I get a call on Monday morning 8/8/11 from BB&T asking me if I authorized the transaction, I say yes and they tell me I should have my check by yesterday 8/12. Of COURSE that didn't happen ... I got the check today ALONG with a bill from BB&T saying they charged my account a maintenance fee on 8/10. Sooo this means the check they sent me will BOUNCE if I try to ca**** due to the maintenance fees they just charged me.

I go into my local Wells Fargo bank and they tell me I can't deposit the check because it will more than likely bounce. Then the manager tells me if / when I deposit it on Monday after getting the fees taken care of ... they will have to put a hold on it.

I'm praying that I can speak to someone helpful on Monday and in the meantime I'm trying to calm down. At this point my conversation would be full of tears and curse words.  I must admit I had a mini meltdown at the bank when they told me they would have to put a hold on the check and it wouldn't be available on the 17th.

The good thing is that  I can't emotionally eat. I'm going to remain on my pre op diet because I am going to try to remain CONFIDENT that I will still be able to get my surgery on the 17th.

This whole experience with the bank has been a nightmare. I will never in life have an account at BB&T again!! 

Sorry so long.... I'm so stressed out right now. I could use a glass of Moscato! lol

percheron
on 8/13/11 9:00 am
My goodness, prayers are sent your way.  I hope they get this all fixed and organized for you prior to your surgery date. 
Asecondchanceatlife
on 8/13/11 9:19 am

4 day mental diet -"..for 4 days, do not accept a single negative thought or dwell on a single negative premise...thoughts will occur, just refuse to accept them, discard them immediately. My best wishes!
J.e.t.
on 8/13/11 9:52 am
 I've seen others on the boards recommend Diana Cox for help with insurance issues.  Maybe she could help advise you on this?

HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

MyOwnSunshine
on 8/13/11 9:55 am
What a mess!  I hate banks -- they never make anything easy.  I'm sending positive thoughts your way, though.

" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Sunny702
on 8/13/11 10:31 am, edited 8/12/11 10:42 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I am feeling MUCH better now. I'm more positive ... this will all work out for me.
Thanks for the suggestion J.E.T but I don't think Diana can help me because this isn't an insurance issue. This is a bank issue ... they were basically holding my money hostage. lol

I spoke with Trish my coordinator and she assured me that everything is going to be okay, telling me that if I needed to postpone it by 1-2 days it would be fine. She was really helpful and made me feel much better.

I will just relax, relate, release and try to have a good weekend. I took a 2 week break from school (currently getting my MBA) in preparation for my surgery ... so I don't have any homework. So I'm going to just chillax. lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views