6 Months, 100 lbs! {PICS, of course}

mareacuda
on 8/16/11 7:01 am - Las Vegas, NV
 I cannot believe it has been 6 months since my surgery. I am so grateful for my surgery and wouldn't change it for anything!

Here I am the night before surgery (Picture taken 2/08/11) 

Here I am last week: 

Those are size FOURTEEN jeans from New York and Company, a size L top from The Limited, and a size L jacket from Dress Barn. I am 6' tall ;-) 

I thought it was cute that I am in the same pose in both pictures, really shows the difference.

I am so lucky and fortunate to have been given this opportunity. I have a new job and I am marrying the man of my dreams in less than 6 weeks (which reminds me, I have to make the alterations appointment for my size 18 Dress!) 

I still struggle with body image issues and often don't feel much different than before.. but one look at my before photos and I realize how silly I am being. I would advise newbies to TAKE PHOTOS. I look puffy, pale, and gross in my before pics... but I am SO glad to have them. 

I also cannot say enough about the importance of SUPPORT. Surround yourself with positive people that support your decisions. I am SO lucky to have a supportive fiance and he has been amazing the entire time. 

Thanks again to everyone here on OH also! You guys are AWESOME and I would have been "lost in the sauce" without you all
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 7:04 am - WV
Congrats!  You Look Fabulous!
SassyItalian
on 8/16/11 7:06 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
you are doing awesome! great progress pics. and i want to steal your top!
congrats on the upcoming wedding, you will be a beautiful bride. keep us updated with wedding pics please!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

mareacuda
on 8/16/11 7:12 am - Las Vegas, NV
 Thanks! I cannot wait for the wedding. I had such a sense of dread before thinking about how horrible I would look, how much I would loathe my wedding photos... but I feel awesome and am looking forward to celebrating with my sexy husband! :-) 

Don't worry, there will be TONS of wedding pics. LOL
Lisa D.
on 8/16/11 7:08 am - New Orleans, LA
Beautiful!  Keep it up girl! 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

newfie02_11
on 8/16/11 7:15 am - Canada
 You look great...way to go
tiffanyyy1390
on 8/16/11 8:01 am - Fort Worth, TX
You look wonderful! Way to go!
MelinaO715
on 8/16/11 8:06 am
VSG on 09/10/12
You look awesome...the main difference i notice about you is the confident smile. you truly look happy! This site is what is helping me more each day and i'm hoping to have my surger early next year after jumping through all the loopholes. 

Just a quick question, (and i mean no offense whatsoever) i'm wondering if you think you need plastic surgery after this or do you feel toned?...i'm so scared of having all this hanging skin/fat.  Is that a problem for you?

mareacuda
on 8/16/11 10:13 am - Las Vegas, NV
 I would rather have hangy skin than look how I looked 6 months ago! LOL

My primary motivation was health and wellness so that I can get pregnant... My fiance says that after we have kids, if I want, I can have plastic surgery... but it would be for ME... he loves me just the way I am. I have never been thin, and I have a zillion stretch marks (which are mostly from me getting so tall so quick when I was young) so even with a tummy tuck I would keep most of my stretch marks. 

The_Chungs
on 8/16/11 8:30 am
First of all, you look AWESOME!!!!

Secondly, I'm 5'10 and probably weigh significantly more than you did pre-op, but we have the same basic body type.  I really hope I look half as good as you do in six months!  Do you mind sharing what your weight was/is?  My stats are in my signature.  Thanks!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views