Food Help Needed and 2 month out question

luckiestparentoftwo
on 8/18/11 3:40 am - Canada
Okay guys...I had VSG July 1st...I was doing amazing losing weight....and for about the last week i think i am getting bored of what i am eating....(its not that I am eating bad..)

I just need more help on what you eat for snacks....I have been using beef jerky, cheese sticks, cottage cheese, and s/f jello.....What else are you eating...

So at 2 months out...how much are you typically eating?

Thanks so much for all your replies

carrierae
on 8/18/11 4:16 am - WA
My guide is no snacking. 3 meals a day with protein shakes in between to get that in...but no snacking
yellowbagbg
on 8/18/11 4:21 am - Flint, MI
I am almost 8 weeks post -op as well and my dietitian has advised against snacking  and to drink protein shakes instead so I try not to snack too much but I'm kinda tired of the shakes so sometimes I may eat some deli turkey slices or a piece of chicken something that's high in protein so that's its beneficial! OAN I also found these chips by the guy who makes the FULL Bars a bag has 8gram of protein and they taste good too they really fill me up most of the time I'm not able to eat a whole bag. Hope that helps a little  Best of luck to you
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 4:24 am
My surgeons plan is the same, three solid meals and no snacks.. protein shakes as needed. I sometimes add a 4th meal, depending on my numbers.. My typical has not changed since about 2mo out- so it's a protein coffee or a shake in the am, followed by a cheese stick, or egg. Lunch is usually meat, or egg, or lunch meat on lettuce 'wrap' or tuna salad, canned oysters.. something like that.. dinner- whatever I'm fixing, meat only.. I can fit about 2oz dense protein in, so currently no room for veggies. If I have that 4th "meal" it's usually cheese or a high protein yogurt.. I usually hit between 600-700 for calories, around 22 g carbs (sometimes less) and 70+ protein a day.
luckiestparentoftwo
on 8/18/11 4:26 am - Canada
I have a protein drink every am for breakfast, and sometimes even for dinner....so thats why i eat something small during my snack...but damn i am running out of ideas...

I dont like eggs....so eggs for breakfast would never go....

So what are you typically eating for breakfast and lunch then?

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 4:37 am
Not sure  if you were asking me.. but my "breakfast" is usually a string cheese stick after a protein drink.. or some cheese and lunch meat combo. The protein drink is what I have first thing every day, whether it's in coffee or V8, or a RTD. Lunch- leftovers from the night before i.e. generally meat! Tuna/chicken salad, lunch meat on romaine with a little mayo or mustard.. shrimp ****tail also work well for me for quickie meals.. sometimes a cottage cheese. 

Check out Ms Shell's what are you eating today threads for some ideas.. it may help, or Frisco's food posts. I mix it up, but generally bfast is always the same, protein drink & an hour or so later- cheese stick. 
EmpoweringMe331
on 8/18/11 5:15 am - MD
I am glad that you did this post because I have been having the same struggles. Daily I eat about 5 meals a day. After the liquid diet, I was tired of protein shakes everyday all day long. This is a typical day for me:
EAS Myoplex Light Protein Shake (This week I tried to cook turkey sausage and scramble an egg but after I ate 1 link of the sausage, I could not eat anything else so I knew that I was not getting the protein that I needed. I believe for 3 links it was 13g of protein and I could only eat 1.)
Plain Greek Yogurt (Sometimes if available I will add fresh fruit but mostly I can eat this plain now)
Leftovers for lunch (Usually this is chicken and veggies) or if I need something quick I will roll up lunch meat and cheese. If I don't have my lunch, I will usually go to Wendy's for a small Chilli or go to a restaurant to get a chicken/shrimp meal.
I love Popsicles for my afternoon snack. I just found a Greek Yogurt one that has 8 gms of protein. It taste pretty okay and it is great since the weather is hot and the popsicle is nice and cold. For dinner I usually cook chicken or fish. I have been able to tolerate spaghetti but I don't eat a lot of this. Maybe about a 1/2 cup or so. I only use whole wheat pasta and ground turkey. I can't wait to read more replies to see if I can get some ideas as well.

Lisie318
on 8/18/11 5:33 am - VA
Try some peanut butter and bananas,  sea food has been my best rfiend i either eat maybe an oz of shrimp and steamed califlower.  gortons salmon and tilapia is really good, it comes with two bars i usually spilt one bar in half  and then some type of veggie.  

emelar
on 8/18/11 5:36 am - TX
My official program also said 3 meals a day, no snacks.  My PA and dietitian think that's crazy and that snacks are okay as long as they are planned - which all goes back to mindful eating.

Snack foods - beef jerky, cheese chips, pork rinds (pure fat, but they're tasty and crunchy!), roasted edamame, dry roasted almonds, coffee (sometimes with protein/sometimes not), a tablespoon of peanut butter, a hard boiled egg.  I'm not a big fan of protein bars, but I just ordered a few of the Quest bars to try them out.  The nutrition stats on them are good and several people have raved about them.  

At 2 months out, I was also eating a lot of cheese as a snack.  Love those mini Babybels!  Now, I'm more likely to have some leftovers as a snack.
yellowbagbg
on 8/18/11 5:45 am - Flint, MI
Another thing I tried that was new for me this week was I made chilli with lots of beans and turkey and I can almost tolerate 1/2 cup which is about 17g of protein! Its nice to see all the other idea tho that came along with you posting this!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views