3rd day post op feel great

Danidan
on 8/18/11 4:41 am
I had surgery on Monday, August 15 and was sent home the next day.  I must say that I have not had one issue since surgery.  Walked the halls of the hospital day and night after surgery, kept plenty of pain medicines in me while there.  My blood pressure did jump up after surgery but it soon came down enough for me to be sent home. I have had no heart burn or gas so far (so grateful for that). The only incision that still is a litle sore is the bigger one on my left side.

I keep thinking to myself...did I really get the sleeve, because Im not having any issues.  I try to drink 2 potien shakes a day and plenty of liquids, but that is kinda hard to manage.  I have no desire to eat and have no food cravings at this time.

I just hope that my entire recovery goes as well as it has thus far!!!!

I AM LOVING MY SLEEVE...

erinmt1023
on 8/18/11 4:44 am - TX
I wish I could get to my consult sooner.  I see Dr. Stewart on the 30th.  Which hospital do you have your surgery at?
ERIN   HW 258/ SW 245/ CW 231/ GW 150
Danidan
on 8/18/11 4:59 am
I had surgery at Baylor-Carrollton.  Beautiful room and atmoshpere.  I was lucky enough to have a room on the remodeled part of the hospital.

I started my journey with Dr. Stewart way back in December of last year and it seemed like it took forever to get in all those mandatory visits with his office. I have BCBS and they require 6 months pre-op.

francislicious
on 8/18/11 4:54 am
I'm having surgery this Monday the 22nd and it makes me very happy to hear stories like this...my Dr. said I'll be in the hospital from the 22-to the 24th, I guess everyone is different. 

I'm really happy w/you and soon will be joining you on the LOOSERS BENCH!!!
Hope u continue to feel great and best wishes

HW: 290 CW: 240 1st GW: 200 GW: 180 HT: 5'8"

Danidan
on 8/18/11 5:02 am
Only a matter of days before you are joining the rest of us on the loser's bench....there is plenty of room!!!! I will try to keep everyone posted on my progress...it always helped me to relax and stay as calm as I could when I read the surgeries that didn't have any real issues!

Beverly_Alley
on 8/18/11 6:05 am - LA
Hi Danidan - congratulations!   I'm scheduled for surgery on Aug. 31, so this is just my second day on protein shakes.  I'm already tired of the sweetness.  I was wondering if you or anyone out there has bought the unflavored protein and how it is in cold water?  Is it REALLY unflavored too?
jojoslim
on 8/18/11 9:39 am
Well done!  My surgery went well too but I am soooo sleepy now.  Having nana naps all day long!

eceteacher52
on 8/18/11 9:47 am
I had mine on Tuesday and wish I felt as great as you.  I am not doing protien yet thought my Dr told me to.  It just taste terrible to m.  How much protein are you getting in.  I am walking alot and drinking water and ice. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views