Still in pain....

Steph4575
on 8/20/11 10:02 am - TX
I am 2 1/2 weeks post op.  My stomach, from about the belly button down has been killing me for a while now.  I was on lortab, my dr. increased things for me, and switched me to Percocet.  I am taking in lots of water now, and I'm getting in chicken broth, cottage cheese, and protein drink (ISOpure).  Lying on my back, taking a jetted bath, and standing seem to help with the pain.  I'm walking all over the house, walking to the mailbox, and seem to be doing everything right.
I've been taking my vitamins, and I've been to the ER twice since surgery.  They can never find anything wrong.  I've had two xrays, ultrasound to check my gallbladder, and a CT scan.  I thought maybe I was constipated, but I had diarhea today so that isn't it either.  I just don't understand anymore, and the percocet is starting to not help as much anymore.
It gets so bad that I'm writhing with agony.  Its been awful, it feels like contractions that don't go away...no worries, there is no possiblity that I'm pregnant right now.  I just want to feel better already.  I don't think I'm over doing it either.  Other than walking, I'm sitting in my recliner, reading, watching TV, or doing things on my computer.  I don't eat a lot, but thats because I'm trying to get in enough protein, and water.  I maybe have a tbl of cottage cheese, and half a can of chicken broth at a time.  
Everytime I go to the dr. nobody can figure out whats wrong with me.  I take my prilosec, I also take zoloft, but not religiously lately, because the pills sometimes make me throw up.

I thought I was dehyddrated, and I was only a little bit, so that wasn't it.  It isn't constipation....what is this, and how in the world, can I just feel better already?  I just want to feel better!!!  =(

Stephanie

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/11 10:46 am
Just throwing some stuff out there- Have you ever had or been checked for endometrosis? Some of what you describe sounds like the symptoms a friend of mine has/had.. 
Steph4575
on 8/20/11 11:14 am - TX
No I haven't, but I haven't ever had these issues before now. Whatever it is, its really really painful, and just is debilitating to me.
The_Chungs
on 8/20/11 12:16 pm
I'm so sorry that you're going through this. 

As Jo mentioned, endometriosis came to mind when you mentioned the area, writhing pain, and contractions.  I have endometriosis and your description is spot-on.  I've never experienced the pain more than a day before my period, though, and you didn't mention if you were menstruating right now or not so perhaps we're wrong.  However, you may want to make an appointment with an ob/gyn that specializes in this condition.  There are many ob/gyns out there that misdiagnose this - it's truly heartbreaking (I speak from personal experience).

The only way to be positively diagnosed with endometriosis is through a laparoscopy.  The surgeon makes a small incision in your belly button and looks around for the endometrian material with a small camera.  If he finds endometrian material, he may have to make a second small incision in order to insert a laser to burn it off.  The procedure is quick and painless.

Whatever it is, I hope you figure it out soon and get some relief!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Steph4575
on 8/20/11 12:24 pm - TX
I am not menstruating right now. I am supposed to start one month from my surgery (I started the day before my surgery, yay, =S). However, I am one of those people that if I hang out with anyone else menstruating, I pick up their cycle. My friend started a week ago, and this is about the time that this started. Could this all of the sudden have happened to me right after surgery. Maybe I am looking at it all wrong, and it has nothing to do with it. The ultrasound only focused on my gallbladder, nothing more. They did say that my urine came back with a little bacteria, but they think I'm fine.
I do have IUD though...I've never experienced consistent pain like this before. And nobody knows what it is. I just automatically thought it was related to surgery because of the fact that I am only post op 2 1/2 weeks. I do feel awful though, and it radiates to my back, it wakes me up in the middle of the night, and the percocet is starting to not help anything but just knocking me out. The pain is over taking my life. Like I said, I just want to feel better already. I haven't been able to get my kids their school supplies, I haven't been able to do much of anything, and the pain is so bad, I don't want to eat or drink, but of course am forcing myself.
I will make an appointment with my PCM on Monday and hopefully get in to see an OBGYN soon as well. This just completely SUCKS!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views