Pain! =(

Steph4575
on 8/25/11 12:25 pm - TX
I have some good days, and some bad days.  I have noticed though, that anytime I've eaten ANYthing I start getting achy and crampy.  If I stick to liquids I feel okay, but I do get hungry.
Today, I tried some very thinned out oatmeal with a little bit of honey.  I ate maybe a tablespoon and couldn't do anymore than that.  I wanted to, but the cramping started in.
For lunch, I attempted some lunch meat diced very small, one small thin slice was it, and I was in pain.
For dinner, I tried some tuna with low fat mayo, mushed up.  Again, one tablespoon if that, and while I WANT to eat more, I can't, and I'm in pain.  BIG pain.

I've had a really rough recovery, my surgeon wants me to be on soft foods right now.  I thought that maybe it was the dairy that was causing me issues, but honestly, its all food I think.  =/

I've READ the books, I've researched all of this, I've asked my surgeon (he gave me poo meds, and percocet), I am 3 1/2 weeks out, and I feel at a loss.  I don't want to feel this way anymore.  I want to feel good, I want to start exercising, I want to feel some sort of normalcy again!  Please help!

Am I alone in this?  Am I doing something wrong?
All I want is help.  Like I said, I've asked all over the place, but now I need people who have had experience and can help me figure out what I'm doing or need to be doing.  =/

jojoslim
on 8/25/11 1:21 pm
Sorry I have no advice for you but wanted to offer you a "hug."  I'm sorry you are going through this!

Steph4575
on 8/25/11 1:37 pm - TX
Thank you so much!
J.e.t.
on 8/25/11 1:45 pm
 I'm so sorry!  I'm pre-op, so no suggestions, but I can imagine how much you just want to feel normal.  I hope it gets better soon.  
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Steph4575
on 8/25/11 2:06 pm - TX
Thank you. I do too. Any sort of normalcy at this point would be a welcome relief to what I've been feeling. I look around and see that so many others are having this cake recovery and I'm getting jealous because its been really rough for me. I hope that in a few months, I can sit here and laugh at myself and maybe even say "it wasn't THAT bad," but for now, it is THAT bad, lol. Thank you for the support, it does help to know that someone is at least reading my posts. =)
Georgia C.
on 8/25/11 6:31 pm
 Hi there so sorry you are having a hard time right now!  I remember that feeling would I ever feel normal again all I can say is you will it just takes awhile you are only 3 weeks out remember you had major surgery and you had the surgery because you had a issue with eating too much!  Begin to think of the portion size as a blessing you will see the weight come off.  I am 7 months out and still can't eat  more than 2-3 ozs  my recent 100 lb weight loss gives me lots to be excited about .

Are you feeling like why did I do this?  Make sure you let your surgeon know how you are feeling do you have a therapist if not find one?  Pre surgery we used food to help us get thru life now we have this tool that doesn't or at least shouldn't allow us to consume such large amounts.  Hang in there and know it will get better and post here often.  I know I posted more the first few months now I am living life instead of looking at life.

Hugs
-Georgia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views